Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Weekly SLA report through email from Synthetics

feature-idea

Weekly SLA Report Through Email From Synthetics

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @ssirsikar - Apart from the title of the post, what are you attempting to achieve?

I haven’t seen many votes come in on this yet, so please, if you are looking for a way to achieve this as well, add your use case to this thread! :thumbsup:

Hi @Linds I currently have my SLA reports configured via insights using the synthetics results. Perhaps a better use case might be the ability to email from Insights or export to PDF from within my Insights SLA dashboard.

Hi @LAMBERT - Can you not use the public url and provide that to your audience?

Hi @stefan_garnham we do for internal users, such as management, however, we also have a commitment to the customer to provide SLA figures which we cannot share via Insights as it means setting them up with a NR account, which is not an option due to costs.

Ah, I think you need to clarify what SLA report you are referring to. Synthetics has a feature to make the SLA report publicly available.

Good thinking, @stefan_garnham@LAMBERT let us know which SLA report you need! :blush: I am eager to see a creative interim solution come out of this conversation!

Thanks @stefan_garnham and @Linds but those reports do not really work to well for us. This is an example of a portion of my current SLA report which is filtered by customer. The image attached is an aggregate of all customers.
There are more widgets on this report around errors, error types, minutes in error etc but can’t display them here as i’m sure you’ll understand.
So if I could export this to pdf it would be very useful.

Hi @LAMBERT

I agree with the use case, having a PDF extract of the report helps in sending it as required to customers or even sending by email on need bases.

Also @LAMBERT the reports look really nice, would you mind sharing your Queries used to generate them?

Will help me with one of my use cases.
Thanks
Manas

I know there was a feature request somewhere on the forum for emailing these type of reports but I think it was fairly specific. I’m late for a meeting so cannot find it just now.

HI @MKhanna here you go…
SELECT percentage(count(*), WHERE result = ‘SUCCESS’) AS ‘Success Rate’ FROM SyntheticCheck WHERE monitorName LIKE ‘***********’ SINCE this month FACET weekOf(timestamp)

SELECT percentage(count(*), WHERE result = ‘SUCCESS’) AS ‘Success Rate’ FROM SyntheticCheck WHERE monitorName LIKE ‘’***********’’ SINCE this month FACET monthOf(timestamp)

SELECT percentage(count(*), WHERE result = ‘SUCCESS’) AS ‘Success Rate’ FROM SyntheticCheck WHERE monitorName LIKE ‘’***********’’ SINCE 1508112060 FACET monthOf(timestamp) LIMIT 12

SELECT percentage(count(*), WHERE result = ‘SUCCESS’) AS ‘Success Rate’ FROM SyntheticCheck WHERE monitorName LIKE ‘’***********’’ SINCE this year

SELECT percentage(count(*), WHERE result = ‘SUCCESS’) AS ‘Success Rate’ FROM SyntheticCheck WHERE monitorName LIKE ‘’***********’’ SINCE this quarter FACET monthOf(timestamp)

This is a filtered error widget giving a daily breakdown.

SELECT filter(count(error), WHERE result = ‘FAILED’ AND monitorName LIKE ‘‘’’ AND weekdayOf(timestamp) LIKE ‘Monday%’) AS ‘Monday’, filter(count(error), WHERE result = ‘FAILED’ AND monitorName LIKE ''’’ AND weekdayOf(timestamp) LIKE ‘Tuesday%’) AS ‘Tuesday’, filter(count(error), WHERE result = ‘FAILED’ AND monitorName LIKE ‘‘’’ AND weekdayOf(timestamp) LIKE ‘Wednesday%’) AS ‘Wednesday’, filter(count(error), WHERE result = ‘FAILED’ AND monitorName LIKE ''’’ AND weekdayOf(timestamp) LIKE ‘Thursday%’) AS ‘Thursday’, filter(count(error), WHERE result = ‘FAILED’ AND monitorName LIKE ‘‘’’ AND weekdayOf(timestamp) LIKE ‘Friday%’) AS ‘Friday’, filter(count(error), WHERE result = ‘FAILED’ AND monitorName LIKE ''’’ AND weekdayOf(timestamp) LIKE ‘Saturday%’) AS ‘Saturday’, filter(count(error), WHERE result = ‘FAILED’ AND monitorName LIKE ‘‘’’ AND weekdayOf(timestamp) LIKE ‘Sunday%’) AS ‘Sunday’ FROM SyntheticCheck FACET monitorName WHERE monitorName LIKE ''’’ SINCE last week limit 1000

Super Like @LAMBERT Thank you for sharing.

Yes another excellent addition from @MKhanna! Thank you! :blush:

Also, Just wondering if there is an option to schedule this daily/weekly/monthly?

At the moment, no. There’s no way to schedule any emails from Insights Dashboards.

I’ve added your +1 to this feature request however.