New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature idea: Wildcard support for metric-based alerts

feature-idea

I have a bunch of different metrics (all names defined from within my codebase) that are closely related - I would like to create an alert that is raised when any one of these metrics surpass a threshold value. If I were to create these alerts separately (which I currently would have to do without wildcard support), I’d have to make dozens of separate alert conditions. It would be incredibly helpful if the metric names within alert conditions could contain wildcards.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

That’s a great feature idea @akarukap

I just got that filed internally for you, and I’ve gone ahead adding a poll to your post too :smiley:

This is extremely cumbersome, and it’s not even possible to create all the alerts manually in some use cases.

I have a use case where I have a metric name in the form of failure/statusCode. Not only do I have to create a condition for each statusCode, but, without wildcards available, I cannot create them all until new relic has an instance of the failure with each status code.

Thanks for the feedback @jcanas1 - We’ll get that logged internally :smiley: