New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Xamarin Support for Mobile APM

feature-request
feature-idea
rfb

Hi, a while ago I asked if there were any plans to have an SDK for Xamarin apps in Mobile APM. I was wondering whether this is already on the roadmap? The native SDK’s are usable through C# bindings, but the more advanced features are a litttle bit hard to access. It would be great to have a C#/Xamarin enabled SDK, much like the Appcellerator SDK you already offer.

Any updates on this? I’d be happy to serve as a guinea pig if there’s anything alpha/beta to test :smile:

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

How to monitor cross plateform app build in xamarin C#

We’re investigating our options here. The Xamarin runtime is pretty unique so it’s hard to say what’s going to happen.

If/When additional options for Xamarin become available we’ll be sure to make everyone aware.

@pknudsen are there any updates on if/when your Mobile APM solution will provide Xamarin support?

Hey @rezidual – No updates just yet. We are continuing to gauge interest, so thanks for chiming in!

I would love Xamarin support as well!

FYI, Xamarin is building a platform as well, for now mainly focused on stability (error tracking). I think New Relic can offer a great added value with their performance monitoring and holistic view with the back office / API monitoring.

http://xamarin.com/insights

Our organization also uses Xamarin and would like to see a Xamarin library.

I’m also trying to use New Relic in my cross platform app but got stuck at binding it for Xamarin iOS. Everything about binding seems OK but when I try to call StartWithApplicationToken with the actual token I got from New Relic’s dashboard app just crashes. It doesn’t give any error. When I call the start function with an empty string Sdk does give me a proper error saying “Application token can not be nil. Aborted.”. If anyone here used it in Xamarin please give me some advice.

Have you tried this binding: https://github.com/nberardi/newrelic-mobile-xamarin ?

Possibly it’s a bit old, but you could try.

Just adding my vote for official bindings/support for Xamarin to the mix!

Hi @gshackles - I’ve passed your request on to our product managers.

This would be awesome. Yes please to a Xamarin New Relic library

It would be great if there were official bindings for Xamarin!!

Hi @chuck_pinkert and @apead - I have sent your requests off to our product managers as well. :slight_smile:

We are using New Relic for the web part, would be great to have it on the mobile side !

Hi @kyann - I have sent your request on to our product managers. :thumbsup:

Would also like to raise the demand for Xamarin, we’re currently evaluating NR for use for monitoring and separately reviewing Xamarin, would be great to use NR Mobile for Xamarin alongside native apps.

I’ve passed on your interest to our product team @iain_colledge. Thanks!

+1 for Xamarin here. Support for Xamarin apps (and non ASP.Net Windows client applications in general) is the big selling point making us consider buying AppDynamics over NewRelic

Hi @kirsty_luke,
I’ve logged your interest with our product management team