Feature Idea: Yii2 support as framework

Is there any information about support of yii2 framework? Is it planned for implementation?

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

2 Likes

Hi @n_sotskiy

Yii is supported but YII2 is a complete rewrite which has broken our automatic instrumentation of this framework. This is something we’ve raised with our developers to try get support for their latest framework, but this is effectively like starting fresh or adding support for a brand new framework.

I will file a feature request to our developers on your behalf to let them know another person is looking for this, and this helps us prioritise the requests we receive.

For now, the only method would be to manually instrument using our API .

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/php-agent/features/php-custom-instrumentation

I hope this helps you get some data into New Relic to help you track your application better in the interim.

Hi,

Is there any news om Yii2 support? We are currently using it in our live platform and we would really like support for Yii2.

Thanks!

Hey @bob - No news at this point; I’ve added your feature request for our product managers. Thank you!

Could you also add my vote for this feature to be realised?

All done, @trianman! :slight_smile:

We are also using yii2 in production! Would be awesome to have it. :slight_smile:

@maik_manthey

I added your name to the list of customers requesting this feature. Thanks for letting us know!

+1 from me too. Would be great if we had this feature.

+1 vote for adding Yii2 support to newrelic PHP Agent. We have recently upgraded from Yii to Yii2 and server transactions are no longer automatically identified.

@bogdan_stoik and @sergey_tsivin

I’ve filed the feature requests individually for both of you.

+1 vote for Yii2 support

hey @mario1, I’ve filed a feature request for Yii2 support for you as well.

We are also using yii2 on production so would be great to have!

Please add us to this list.

Hi @spyros,
I have logged a request on your behalf :smile:

Are there any work-arounds you could provide to get more details information and in particular to name our transactions so they don’t all appear as index.php? I know the instructions are given here:

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/php-agent/troubleshooting/transactions-named-indexphp-or-unknown

However, it’s not explained where this block of code has to be inserted.

@eric_tucker

The best place to use the naming transaction API call is wherever your custom routing is taking place.

With Yii2 you should have a route and controller. These should help decide where the request is going to. This is the simplest place to start. If you name based on variable filling route and controller data, you should be able to create useful names.

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc-2.0/guide-runtime-routing.html#routing

I hope this helps.

Hi,

I’d also like to see support for Yii2 sometime in the near future.

Thanks.

That has been logged as a feature request in your name @laithz

Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Please, add my +1 for Yii2 support.