Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Ideas: Notification custom payload doesn't support conditional value

notifications
payload

Is there anyway the custom payload could parse conditional value, so that I can set value in json payload base on a variable’s value?

For example: I want to set the attribute “color” to be red when the incident is open, otherwise green (when it’s closed).

{
  "color": $EVENT_STATE == "open" ? "red" :  "green", 
  "foo": "bar"
}

Without this, at the moment, I can’t customise the notification to look different when incident is open or closed. Which I find makes the whole notification less intuitive.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi, @ji.hesky: This is indeed a feature request. Currently, the only way to accomplish this is to create your own endpoint to receive the post from New Relic Alerts, evaluate the event state, and set the color accordingly.

@ji.hesky - As @philweber noted, this is currently not possible. I have added a poll for you on this post which other’s can vote on to have their say on this feature. I have also gone ahead adding a feature request internally on your behalf as well. :slight_smile: