Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Request: Allow copying of alert policies and all conditions within

We are currently using Infrastructure to monitor multiple environments within our infra. Currently, if we want to use the same alert conditions for each environment, but send alerts to different channels based on environment we have to do the following:

• Create a duplicate alert policy for each environment with appropriate alert channels configured
  • Duplicate all alert conditions for the new environment (changing the filter logic to target hosts within the environment in question)

This is doable if you have a small amount of alert conditions or policies, but very quickly becomes untenable over time. The current workaround provided by support was to use the API to create all of your duplicates. Ideally, you wouldn’t have to duplicate things; alert policies could be made more flexible and your alert conditions could be more generic.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

A feature request from 2016 could also be rolled into this: Application Alert Policies (1 for Warnings and 1 for Critical)

Hey @mruckman - You’re right that currently the workaround here is to use the API to pull alert configurations and duplicate them.I have added a poll to your post here for others to vote on, and added an internal feature request on our side here.