Feature Request: Allow selection of multiple entities per "SYNTHETICS MONITOR FAILURE"

It’s not possible to select multiple entities per condition. I have to create a condition for each entity.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

@enricostahn Thanks for the request! It’s worth noting that the restriction you point out is only if you’re working with Synthetics monitor sources—you can multi-select if you’re working with other data sources.

We’ll send this feedback along to our product team, but in the meantime you can likely accomplish some of what you’re trying to do by using NRQL conditions for the alert instead. As an example, you could select a count of failures from two different monitors (“Monitor_1” and “Monitor_2”) by writing a query of this sort:

SELECT count(*) FROM SyntheticCheck WHERE result = 'FAILED' AND monitorName IN ('Monitor_1', 'Monitor_2')

Then when you’re creating your alert condition, select NRQL as the product instead of Synthetics.

For more reading material, take a look at the main docs site:

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/alerts/new-relic-alerts/defining-conditions/create-alert-conditions-nrql-queries

… and another Community post on NRQL Alerting with Synthetics:

4 Likes