Feature Request - ARM Architecture Support

Hi,

I have a Linux installed in a web Hosting Provider. Their architecture is ARMv7 and there are apparently not newrelic Linux packages for this architecture.

Thank you.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @manu_gautier1394 - I have sent your request off to our product Managers. Thank you!

Would like this feature as well!

I’ve passed on your interest in this support @yet_another_dev. Appreciate the input!

Any update I have a ton of scaleway.com servers just waiting to be added :slight_smile:

Haha me too! I fell in love with Scaleway and New Relic would be perfect for monitoring <3

Hi @drew_m and @Aluxian - I have sent your requests on to our product managers .:slight_smile:

This would be super cool. Prebuilt ARM bins would be great, or just the source so I could target other architectures.

I added your request too!

Can’t believe nearly 5 years has gone past since this post and newrelic still doesn’t support ARM.

Hi @michael72 - you’re right there is currently no update on support for ARM… as I mentioned in your other post, I’ll get your +1 sent up to the team:

1 Like

Okay for posterity, NR have an Infrastructure agent for ARM and ARM64 here:

arm/ - arm64/

Although they do not officially support it, I have had installed it and it works for Odroid XU4 on ubuntu 18.04, but I wish they also had a PHP FPM agent for Odroid and other ARM architecture, for php7+.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming you got it working @KernelCarnage - Just a heads up that while the agent you found should work, it is not an actively supported version of the Infrastructure agent, as such will likely miss out on some of the updates new Infrastructure agents will take advantage of.

After reading https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/compute/improving-performance-of-php-for-arm64-and-impact-on-amazon-ec2-m6g-instances/ I wanted to try out how our PHP services run on ARM – turns out everything worked well. Except the New Relic PHP extension.

Would be really nice if you could add a build for ARM.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your use case. Your request for ARM support has just been logged

Did the same, having the same blocking issue

1 Like

Hey @cperrotminot I just got back to you in the other thread here. Your +1 has been added :slight_smile:

i have the same issue, please help us

I’m also in the queue to count on this feature. Any update is apprecited.

Thanks.
TJangra

+1 only thing blocking us from moving to ARM-based servers in AWS

2 Likes