Friday Badge Shoutouts - June 19, 2020

Welcome to Friday Explorers!

I’m excited for another opportunity to highlight those of you who are contributing to this community being a space where members can learn, grow and join in discussions. Keep it up y’all :sunglasses:

Here is a helpful list of all the badges that are available for you to earn: https://discuss.newrelic.com/badges

autobiographer%20badge Autobiographer

@aengesath

ScholarBadgeForEmail Local Scholar

@sbhat2 @tommy.yoo @rakeshcse590 @carlcasbolt @hjk @anubha.jain @lewis.chun @hl_wang @eddard.omeka @lyu38 @Sushil.Sivaram

AuthorBadgeforVoting2 Local Author

@marc.netterfield @wkiNewRelic

ProfessorBadge Local Professor

@kris19 @amalviya @leo.zuniga

Local_admired_Badge Local Admired

@dakshins @sreeram.jayan @pmohite @nikhil7 @roy @jacoBeastman @cperrotminot @mxsmith @kris19 @h.hijazi @aaycock @eldad1 @steven.pearce @cweinert @mohamedibrahim.abdul @CHRISTOPHER.MCKENNA @wkiNewRelic @jon22 @lakshmanarajan.savad @connectors_newrelic1 @John.Hilgedick @peckb1 @deniz.karatoprak @Jeanette.Fernandez

Local_Enthusiast_Badge Local Enthusiast

@gerard.heij @aengesath @dhernandez1 @lewis.chun @carlcasbolt @tommy.yoo @srahulgurnule @douglas.gadelha

Global_admired_Badge Global Admired

@marc.netterfield @garrett.scholtes @rishav.dhar @tim.davis

global_Enthusiast_Badge Global Entusiast

@carla.teodoro @lewis.chun @tommy.yoo

GlobalAuthorBadgeforEmail Global Scholar

@jamartin

GlobalScholarBadgeForEmail Global Scholar

@lewis.chun

Intergalactic_scholar_badge Intergalactic Scholar

@izeiger

PopularLinkBadge Global Link

@stefan_garnham @nyholm

FirstLinkBadge Local Link

@bhartz_ss @stefan_garnham

2 Likes

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but how do the frequent flyer badges actually work? I’ve been trying to get the intergalactic one before 06/23 and I’m clearly over 15 visits in the last 30 days…Is it reset in the beginning of each month or something?

1 Like

Also a little curious about how this one works. Happened to receive Global Frequent Flyer for visiting 10 times, that was three weeks back. Hard to believe I haven’t visited at least 5 more times in the weeks since.

1 Like

Hi @mykhaylo.dudyak & @rishav.dhar

Those badges are issued automatically based on a SQL query looking at User Visits. We’ll take a look into that query to see if there are any issues with that.

Will follow up here once we’ve come to a conclusion with that query.

2 Likes

@mykhaylo.dudyak & @rishav.dhar

We got the SQL updated yesterday - badges are updated daily so we had to wait till now to check in on whether or not it captured both of you in the results.

@mykhaylo.dudyak - you can see here that you do now have Intergalactic Frequent Flyer according to the page here: https://discuss.newrelic.com/u/mykhaylo.dudyak/badges

@rishav.dhar I had to make another SQL change this morning - so I expect your badge to be added by tomorrow.

(We’ll re-calculate who has won from the latest contest tomorrow (Friday) - so you both should be be captured by that)

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, @RyanVeitch, will let you know when that comes through. Oddly enough, I noticed that the Intergalactic Enthusiast badge just disappeared the other day. Any ideas what that might be about?

@rishav.dhar - the badges are looking back at a rolling 30 day period, so -> current time - 30 days. So, for Intergalactic Enthusiast, you have to have given 50 likes in that 30 day period.

I’m sure you did during the contest, and our SQL will show that. it’s just that you may have started liking > 30 days ago, so those from before the 30 day period are no longer captured by the badge sql.

(@ebeach is pulling the results of who won, and we’re looking specifically at the time period of the contest, so don’t worry, you should be good on that :smiley: )

1 Like