With New Relic One, if you can dream it, you can build it. And if you share it, you could win an iPad!
New Relic One is the industry’s first entity-centric observability platform, and now the platform is programmable. We’re giving you the power to connect observability data (metrics, events, logs, and traces) and business data–delivering visibility tailored to your unique business. You also get all the same tools New Relic engineers already use to build curated views in the New Relic One platform.
- Want to build a view of your site performance by geography? You can do that.
- Need a visualization of where you are over-deployed on AWS? You can build that.
- Looking to see all the processes running on a single host? You can do that too.
We call these custom built applications Nerdpacks, and we want you to show us yours!
Join the FutureHack contest and show us your Nerdpacks!
Between now and November 15, everyone who builds and shares their New Relic One applications will be entered into our sweepstakes drawing. There are two ways to participate:
- Phase 1: Hello World! Show us that you’re ready to build your own Nerdpacks. Just post a screenshot of your Hello World! Nerdlet as a reply to this thread. Everything you need to learn about building Nerdlets and getting your own Hello World! Up and running can be found in these workshop materials.
- Phase 2: Share your Custom Nerdpack! Create a new topic in the Nerdpack category and use the template to share a screengrab and description of what you built. Your Nerdpack will be an inspiration for others!
Get your entries into the community by November 15 to be eligible:
- Everyone who participates will get a FutureHack badge!
- One lucky Explorer in the Phase One crowd will be chosen to win a New Relic branded backpack.
- Our grand prize winner, chosen randomly from the pool of our Phase Two participants, will win an iPad!
- Build New Relic One Applications (https://developer.newrelic.com/use-cases/build-new-relic-one-applications)
- Workshops - Get your environment set up and your first Nerdpack built.
- Sample NerdPacks. Clone and customize to make these your own!
Need more help? Ask you questions here! Relics and other community members will make sure you get what you need to participate in the Future Hack contest.
See Full Contest Rules Here
New Relic FutureHack Nerdpack Sweepstakes
The New Relic FutureHack Nerdpack Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will be held September 19, 2019 – November 15, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Participants may be eligible to win the prizes detailed below.
How to Enter:
Starting September 19, 2019, New Relic will post instructions on discuss.newrelic.com, inviting participants to (i) post a screenshot of the “hello world” version of a nerdpack they created (their “Nerdpack”) (a “Category One Entry”) and/or (ii) post a screenshot of their Nerdpack that has been customized to a business use case (a “Category Two Entry”). All eligible participants who post at least one (1) eligible post within the Sweepstakes Period will be entered into the Sweepstakes for a chance to win the prize specified below. The Sweepstakes Period shall close at 11:59pm PST on November 15, 2019. The Sweepstakes is limited to one entry per participant.
Participant’s participating in the Sweepstakes constitutes their acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THESE SWEEPSTAKES.
Selection of Winners:
One (1) winner per entry category (i.e., one Category One Entry winner and one Category Two Entry winner) shall be chosen from a random drawing of eligible entries on November 16, 2019. The winners will be notified via email using the email address associated with their account within forty-eight (48) hours of the drawing. Upon signing an eligibility affidavit and waiver, the winner shall be mailed the prize detailed below. If the winner does not claim their prize within fourteen (14) days of the drawing, they shall forfeit their prize and a new winner shall be selected. Participants’ odds of receiving the prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) Category Two Entry winner will receive one (1) Apple iPad valued at $300 USD; and
- One (1) Category One Entry winner will receive one (1) backpack valued at $150 USD.
Who Can Enter:
The Sweepstakes is strictly limited to permanent, legal United States residents who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Participants are solely responsible for ensuring their participation in the Sweepstakes is lawful. New Relic employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. New Relic reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify participants for any reason, including if it is determined that one’s participation in the Sweepstakes is not lawful.
All participants in the Sweepstakes release New Relic, Inc. and its respective employees, officers, directors and shareholders (“Released Parties”) from and against all liability, claims, and damages arising in connection with their participation or inability to participate, entry in the Sweepstakes and /or acceptance, receipt, ownership or use of the prize awarded in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to personal injury, death, damage to property or loss of property. Before claiming their prize, the winner must execute an affidavit and waiver verifying their eligibility and acknowledging: (i) their responsibility for any taxes incurred in connection with the prize awarded and (ii) that New Relic will not be liable for any injuries caused while operating prizes awarded from the Sweepstakes.
Limitation of Liability
Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, expenses, costs or losses to any person or property of any kind arising from or in connection with: (1) typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines hardware, software, or failure of any email or entries to be received by New Relic due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or any website; (3) unauthorized third party tampering with the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error in the administration of the prize; or (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail.
The Sweepstakes is governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be San Francisco, California.
Participant acknowledges and agrees that information collected during the Sweepstakes Period will be used for marketing and other internal purposes. New Relic reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes for any or no reason and at any time without further notice.
Happy Nerpack-ing! We can’t wait to see what you build!