Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

GDPR compliance - personal data in New Relic

rfb
gdpr

My understanding is that New Relic could return an error with a response that has personal data. In this case GDPR compliance is needed and an agreement is required, given New Relic would be considered the “Data Processor”. Can anyone confirm if this is the case as I dont find any way to contact New Relic other than via this forum. Alternatively if someone can provide a contact email address for New Relic. I am a little dumbfounded why New Relic make it so difficult to contact them.

Hi there @jwhite68 -

Sorry to hear that it’s been frustrating to get a hold of us. We definitely want to be available to you.

For this specific request, it looks like you found our Contact Form, and I can see that your message was assigned to a person in our European office. I’ve sent a personal note their way so I’m hopeful you’ll have your response soon.

Please let me know if there is more I can do for you right now.

Best,
Holly

Hi,

this is a very important topic for us also, as probably all European users. I asked several times our contacts, but we did not receive a sufficient answer. We have about 7 weeks left, then GDPR is in force.

On the website of NewRelic you find only one GDPR related document which covers custom properties. But that is not the problem that our DSO sees. For him the email address ( of the users) is a person related datum. As serveral data are stored in conjunction with email addresses (e.g. dashboards, NRQL history), our DSO sees it as mandatory that we provide an option for the users to check what data are stored in conjunction with their email address. I really hope, you can come up with a solution soon.

Kind regards
Wolfgang

Hi, we have free account on NewRellic, nevertheless we’d like to sign DPA with you. How can we do that?

Hi there @Konfeo - The best person to talk to is your account rep. If you don’t know who that is, I can help you find them. Just let me know!

Hi, Following GDPR Compliance we would like sign a Data Processing Addendum with you.

Please help us

Hi there @icliniq - I just sent you a Direct Message with some information specific to you. Let me know if you don’t receive it.

Would also like to know how to deal with New Relic vs. GDPR and a DPA. Is there no official document/resource that deals with this?

Hi there @jarle - not yet! We’re finalizing language and resources for our public site. We’ll have more details posted a bit later this week. I know it can be frustrating not to find it ahead of schedule, so thanks for your patience.

Hi, I don’t have a clue who is my account rep. Please help me find him. Thanks in advance

I just sent you a direct message @Konfeo. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

Hey, still following GDPR Compliance we also would like sign a Data Processing Addendum with you.

Hi there @tina.b - we can definitely make that happen. To get you started, please reach out to: dataprivacy@newrelic.com and include your account number.