New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Getting Duration from PageView and Attribute from PageAction

Hi,

I want to have a query something like this one:

SELECT percentile(duration, 90) FROM PageAction WHERE actionName='action'

I know that duration is only an attribute in PageView but I wanted to know if there is a way to join the tables to get this information.

@danielrudn There is not an option in NRQL to create a JOIN at this time. However, this would be a great feature for Insights. As such, I have submitted this as a feature request to our product management team to be considered for a future release. While we can’t guarantee when or if this feature will be implemented, we take customer requests very seriously and use them to prioritize which features we implement next. Thanks for helping us improve the product!

Hey @danielrudn - just to follow up, I’m wondering what your goal is with this query. You could try using the timeSinceLoad attribute if that makes sense, or add your own custom attribute representing the duration of a PageAction.

Where you able to figure out an alternative? I’m trying to do the same thing and just found it’s not possible. Such a bummer.

Ok, I think I found the answer to my problem, which may be the same problem that @danielrudn had.

According to this documentation, NR does not support coercion on the attributes of PageAction.

In my case I was sending the duration attribute as a string. Changed it to a number and worked fine. I’m now able to do percentiles, averages, histograms, etc.

HI, @miguel6: I’m glad you were able to figure this out, but I am curious: what duration are you measuring? There is already a timeSinceLoad attribute that measures the time elapsed from when the page was requested until the PageAction was initated.