May 2018 Question of the Month
As part of my role here at New Relic, I talk to a lot of aspiring Software and DevOps professionals. Frequently, when I ask them to describe their ideal working situation, it involves some sort of work from home scenario. And a fair number want to work remote 100% of the time.
Now, I’ve also managed plenty of remote teams. It has LOTS of special challenges, but I have personally always found that the benefits are worth the extra work. Still, it’s not the norm in many businesses. So I read this DZone article with great interest:
And I realized that I want to chat with you about it! So tell me - Do you work 100% remote? Or want to? Why? And what works or doesn’t work for you?
Do you work remote?
- I am remote 100% of the time
- I am remote part-time, on a regular schedule
- I can work remotely as needed
- I have to be in the office every. single. day.
Would you like to work remote?
- If someone would let me, I would work remotely 100%
- Working remote part-time would suit me fine
- I can’t imagine not being in the office!
Tell us why! Share your thoughts and experiences with the community!