Hello Explorers Hub, its great to see you all here in the community. Whether you are new to the community or a Certified Pro you will often have the same goals in mind, getting an answer to the challenges you are having.
If you’ve been here before and just want to get started, select the product category that relates to your question and click on the button up above on the right to ask your question. If you are new here and want to know more about what to expect in the Explorers Hub community, including tips for how to get the answer you need more quickly, read on!
We’re glad to see you here in the community. You are now part of a group of tens of thousands of New Relic users and staff who come here to learn and share. We want you to find the answer you need as quickly as possible, so here are a few tips that can help you:
- Before you post that next question, be sure to search first. It’s likely that someone like you has run into the same issue before, and the answer you need is just waiting to be unearthed.
- Click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner of the site to search. Or select “Find an Answer”.
- I suggest using “Find an Answer”, this option will allow you to also access advanced search features such as Categories and Tags.
- The more options you select that are related to your issue, the more you will narrow your search.
Use the template
- If a quick search doesn’t get you what you are looking for, click on the button located on the homepage above the categories section.
- Once selected it will open the create new topic section. In which you must give a title and a category. The benefit here is, if you select the category first a template will appear with information fields for you to fill out. It’s recommended that you fill these out, as the information will be incredibly useful for support and they may require it before being able to effectively support an issue.
- Please note that each category has its own unique template that will appear in the editing window once the category is selected.
Ask for help
- We all run into issues where we need a little extra support, that what us Community Moderators are for. No question is to big or to small, your Moderators are @hross @ebeach @JoiConverse @michaelfrederick and @dcody .
Send a direct message
Send us a direct message, simply select our profile picture and select the message option.
Check out these links for even more details about how the community works and how you can make the most of it: