New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

How to: Ask a Question and Get it Answered

rfb

Hey @matteosisti—I have been considering your post in this thread for the last couple days. As always, your candor is greatly appreciated because it helps me have a clear message to take to the people in charge of these changes. We all knew that this would be a difficult shift for our users, and I can feel your frustration. As you well know, it is extremely hard to make everyone happy, all the time.

As for your support needs, I want to make sure you know there is no time difference between when you get your community response vs. when you get a response in a ticket. The experience is different in many ways, but the timing is the same.

It looks to me like you are getting those email notifications now, but please let me know if you need anything else.

Again, thanks for reaching out about your thoughts and concerns for these Support changes. I will do my best to answer any further questions you have.

Talk soon!

I downloaded the Infrastructure agent and run the installer in the server, then I change the .yml file adding the licence, then when I try to start the service I get this error:

The New Relic Infrastructure Agent Service service could not be started

It is important to say that I am running it in a Windows Server 2019 Standard Evaluation 1809 version environment and the server

Thank you

split this topic #24

A post was split to a new topic: Missing Monthly SLA Report

Having read through the above I agree this is ridiculous.
The cost of New Relic should come with at least some basic level of a support ticket system as any time I’ve needed NR support in the past it’s been with regards to something I would not want made public.
Poor from New Relic.

Hi @adam69 - Everyone does still have a “basic level of support ticket” access , as you put it.

Regardless of the amount your account pays, you still have access depending on the type of issue we will be troubleshooting with you. Those that most often require sensitive information will go straight through from support.newrelic.com to our ticketing system.

I would like to clarify why you prefer private/public support. Use cases and information you can provide can help us to fully understand how our changes impact users, and also helps us to iterate further in the future.

I do have a couple of points on sensitive data;
Any posts made in the Explorers Hub that have sensitive information (email addresses / API keys / etc…) are immediately redacted as soon as my team sees them. @Linds @ebeach @hross & I review and moderate this community daily. We typically see sensitive information very quickly after it is posted.

If ever we need to request this kind of sensitive information in order to troubleshoot, we will recommend that this info is passed over in a direct message with the person who asks for that information. Alternatively, if we need to get logs or potentially any sensitive information, all of our Support Team have the ability to open a new support ticket directly from your posts. So we will be happy to take questions to a private space should that become a necessity.

Any links to your New Relic accounts are only accessible by you, users on your accounts, and New Relic Admins. There is nothing discernible in an account URL, so those are fine to share here.

This is not to say that what we consider private information, you consider private too - this is why I would love some clarification on what you prefer to post here vs in a ticket.

Cant agree more with the ‘community’ here. Were B2B, not interested in creating a ‘community’… just want support via email