How to enable create drop filter in my account

It is asking to run the query to enable the create drop filter option… Please suggest me which query have to run and where should i run that one.

Hey there @Cloud18,

I hope you are well!

I looked over your account just to verify you have the right permissions and everything looks like it should be good on that front. I believe that the reason you are seeing this is due to not having a drop filter created yet. This doc here can help get you started on this: Drop log data with drop filter rules | New Relic Documentation.

Please let me know if you were able to get a drop filter configured using this doc or not and we will be happy to provide further assistance. Have a great day!

Hi @michaelfrederick you should really work on documentation.
It’s not simple and clear

Hello @tarun.mehta.

Welcome to the community.

Could you please elaborate further and explain which part is not simple and clear? I would love to take your feedback to our docs team. Please let us know what we could do better!

I will also mention that our documentation is open-source: https://github.com/newrelic/docs-website. Pull requests are welcome.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
I want to integrate drop log filter but I’m facing issues while implementing those
Problem1: Me and my manager both are admins I can see that filter option but my manager can’t see
Problem2: Even I can see option for drop log filter, I’m not able to apply that filter
Why I’m not able to apply: as per the documentation I’d to run some queries on log only after I can apply, but i can see no data after running query(I tried multiple permutations) and we’ve loads of data available in new-relic and I’ve no clue what I’m doing wrong here.

Kindly help me with it.

Hi @tarun.mehta

This is a little out of scope, but I will loop in the support engineers here to have a look and get back to you.

Note they will reach out via this post with their findings.

Should you have any additional questions or updates, please do reach out.

There may be some issues with account type. It looks like your org has ticketed support with us. Perhaps a peer can submit a case so we can share detailed account info with you.

Even I can see option for drop log filter, I’m not able to apply that filter

Before a filter can be applied, a valid lucene query has to be run.

After that a drop rule can be applied.