HTTP Errors in Insights?

I see HTTP Errors that I’d like to learn more about in my Mobile APM. Is there a way to find these same errors on the Insights page? I am logging attributes over there that could identify the userId and other pertinent information to help me track down the problem.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @gmangum - thanks for posting, and apologies for the slow reply. I had a chat with the team here and can confirm that HTTP Errors are not monitored by default in Insights. However, as a work around, you can implement a custom event type in Insights to record them manually. There is more information on this approach in our docs: Insert custom events via the Insights API.

Thanks hross. This is a real hole for us to not know which users are causing these errors. I don’t think logging custom events is a very good solution, although I do understand that this would be a workaround right now.

If you would like, I can log this as a feature request. I can’t guarantee IF or WHEN it might be implemented, but it’s always good to let the product team know what customers are asking for.

sounds great, thanks

I’d also love to access this information in insights @hross

Thanks @alexalex - I’ve added a poll to the top of this thread so that we can track future interest. Feel free to cast a vote!

@hross - thanks, added my +1 formally

1 Like

Hi all!
We just released a new Insights event type called MobileRequestError. If you run queries against this, you can include things like:

SELECT * from MobileRequestError where errorType=‘HTTPError’ facet

You can filter and facet as you wish. If you have access to the pre-release of NRQL alerts, you can set up an alert using the same query.

The documentation has several key examples.

We also have a level-up forum post.