Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Ignore Error based on Error Message (.Net)

.net
error
ignore
exceptions

Hello,

I want to Ignore error being logged in to New Relic from .Net application based on Exception Details or exception message.
I checked the new Relic documentation but I could find ‘IgonreErrors’ and ‘IgonerStatusCodes’ only.

Below is the screen shot of error which is to be ignored.

Hello @provi021,

Thanks for your post regarding an error you’d like New Relic to ignore.

Can you please provide a permalink to the errors page where you’re seeing this? I’d like to research it a bit further.

To create a permalink to any page within the New Relic user interface, scroll to the bottom and click ‘Permalink’ all the way on the right next to ‘Kiosk Mode.’ This will show me the exact page and time period that you are observing. Only New Relic support team members can view this page.

Thanks!

Hi.

Is there any solution to this?

The documention for .NET agent configuration only list two options:

• ignoreErrors: Full class name of exception.
  • ignoreStatusCodes: Status code / sub-status code.

The problem is that several of the standard exceptions coming from ASP.NET will use a general class and no specific sub-status code.

This could easily be solved by having a new ignore type “ignoreErrorMessages”, where regex strings are supplied that are matched to the exception messages to be ignored.

@anders.tornes -

This feature is not yet available.

I didn’t see this feature discussed on the feature ideas page. Would you be willing to start a feature idea there?

Thanks!