Would love to see the New Relic Infrastructure agent extended. This would allow us broader coverage within our platforms environment on a common monitoring platform.
Enhance the New Relic Infrastructure agent to formally support deployment on
- Support for AIX (7.x – power pc)
- Support for Solaris (10,11 - sparc)
It would be acceptable for this to be done in Binary only install, similar to the Linux installer we currently use.
Output should be on a level equivalent to https://github.com/newrelic/newrelic-unix-monitor
- I would also request that the Oracle & Apache plugins are assessed for this as well (although not on critical path), as we have several use cases around this.
- Provide the same level of agent compatibility as other APM competitors
- Allow for deployment of a common Infrastructure view across platforms
- Address concerns around 3rd party & open source plugins.
- AIX & Solaris are both standard enterprise level OS platforms. (Yes we are aware of Solaris being canned, but it will still be around for a few years. ;} )
- Provide vendor supported Infrastructure monitoring for AIX platforms
- Provide vendor supported Infrastructure monitoring for Solaris platforms.
- Infrastructure agent that support AIX & Solaris and can be installed to a set path (same as the existing Linux binary (tar ball)).
- Infrastructure data that is captured in the Infrastructure Common view.
- Infrastructure data that can be used with the existing Infrastructure alerts.