Infrastructure process alert isn't consistent

I am trying to get some sort of outage monitoring for a running python application. I have the infrastructure agent setup on an instance and I can view the process and setup an alert for it using the strip_command_line setting. The alert that I setup is not consistent and I can’t seem to figure out why the process meets the condition but the alert doesn’t sound or doesn’t sound repeatedly. Thanks in advance!

Hey James,

Thanks for reaching out! Could you send a permalink to the alert condition and we can take a deeper look here for you.

Cheers!

1 Like

sure this is our condition: https://one.newrelic.com/launcher/infra.infra?platform[accountId]=2598181&pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJpbmZyYS5zZXR0aW5ncyIsImZlYXR1cmUiOiJ1cGRhdGUtYWxlcnQiLCJjb25kaXRpb25JZCI6IjIwNzkyNjA5In0

SO this randomly started working after I posted the link, was there something misconfigured? I checked out the policy and condition and I don’t see any changes.

Thanks again!

Hey just wanting to follow up, it looks like our alert has become a lot more performant and consistent. Was there something that you guys turned on somewhere? I don’t see any changes on our end.