Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Insight query for searching unsupported NR agents

Hi:

I saw a reminder from New Relic to check for unsupported NR agents:

But the query below did not work. It does not recognize the NrIntegrationError event. I tried it using owner account and admin account.

SELECT agentVersion, agentLanguage, applicationNames, hostName, ipAddress, message from NrIntegrationError where newRelicFeature = ‘APM Agents’ and category = ‘Unsupported Agent’ limit 1000 since 1 hour ago

Please assist. Thanks

Hey @jchen1

It’s possible that you just don’t have unsupported agents, and so no events to review. Though, you can check every running agent with a query like below. Note this will show all agents, not just those that fall into the unsupported category. Can you compare this against the list of older agents no longer supported in the post you linked to?

SELECT apmAppName, apmAppId, apmLanguage, apmAgentVersion FROM NrDailyUsage WHERE productLine = ‘APM’ AND usageType = ‘Application’ SINCE 1 day AGO

hi,

I tried both query but it turns empty or gives the following error;

NRQL Syntax Error

Error at line 1 position 97, unexpected '‘'

Is there another method? Thanks.

@oguz.ihtiyar change the quotes in the statement to be plain single quotes, Ryans example has I think transposed them in copying/pasting, they’re the wrong type of quote.

Yup! David is right @oguz.ihtiyar, copying and pasting between the Explorers Hub and insights can break the quotes :confused:

Thanks for the query :+1:, that’s just what I’ve been looking for as well :grinning:

No problem David, thanks for jumping in to help out.

For reference, I took that query from here: Relic Solution: How do I make my usage data work for me?

thanks it worked :sweat_smile:

I’ve tweaked the query for my own purposes to be…

SELECT count(*) FROM NrDailyUsage WHERE productLine = 'APM' AND usageType = 'Application' facet apmLanguage, apmAgentVersion SINCE 1 day AGO limit 1000

Thanks. This works for me.

If I use this query described for finding down-level agents:

SELECT agentVersion, agentLanguage, applicationNames, hostName, ipAddress, message from NrIntegrationError where newRelicFeature = ‘APM Agents’ and category = ‘Unsupported Agent’ limit 1000 since 1 hour ago

I get about 15 unique hostnames, all at 3.5.1 level. This is accurate, but I know that I have many running at 3.43.0 – approximately 80. That is, my servers running 3.43.0 are not in the resultant list. (And I have checked their version via java -jar newrelic.jar -v).

If I use this query,
SELECT uniques(hostname) from transaction limit 1000 since 1 hour ago

I see a list of hostnames that is comprehensive - all the servers names I expect. But no ‘agentVersion’ is in the transaction table.

If I use this query,
SELECT apmAppName, apmAppId, apmLanguage, apmAgentVersion FROM NrDailyUsage WHERE productLine = ‘APM’ AND usageType = ‘Application’ SINCE 1 day AGO

The results do list some 3.43.0 java agents, but only about 10 reported servers - not the 100 or so I expect.

Is there an Insights query that will list the agentVersion of every reporting Java agent?

FYI, I still see reporting data from the 3.43.0 hosts.

Thanks!