Q: Can it be done and how?
Background: For a POC using my local development workstation, I would like to include infrastructure telemetry into my free New Relic account. Following the NR guided install and if the conditions were right, this supposedly could have been one click. Unfortunately for me not today.
Default step would be to install onto the local host outside of the Docker containers. Unable to install on the host Mac OS which is Darwin and is unsupported by New Relic.
Other options to consider:
- Can a separate Docker container be used to collect the telemetry?
- It would be messy but can a New Relic extension be installed into each of the Docker containers.
Docker (Linux) containers:
- Mac OS 10.15.2
- Docker 20.10.7, build f0ddf350
- Docksal/fin (Docker wrapper) 1.106.0
- Infrastructure agent version: NA
- Infrastructure agent log snippets: NA
- Infrastructure integration (cloud or on-host) information
Please run New Relic Diagnostics On your host and share the results of that here. NA