I wanted to test the performance of our app by changing the GC strategy to -XX:+UseG1GC for one JVM in our cluster.
However after app restart I see that the GC related metrics are not shown. I cannot see the Young, Survivor and Old gen spaces used. The CPU used by Garbage Collection is also empty.
Here are some notes that I feel are relevant to debug this issue:
- In " Metric Normalization rules" I see that for “.*” we have the action “Deny new metrics”.
- Only one JVM in the cluster of 7 have this new GC strategy.
- JDK version is openjdk version “1.8.0_265”
- This is similar to the question - Updated JVM to use G1GC but not seeing any metrics in APM - JVM
- The Agent version is 6.2.1