[Java] SSL Cert Error - Java Agent not able to connect with New Relic

I’ve installed Java Agent on tomcat server but it is not able to log data to new relic servers. On checking the log file it was clear that it’s a ssl certificate related error. So, I tried to put use_private_ssl: true in yaml file but it said that this approach is deprecated and I’ve to configure default java truststore(cacerts).

So, I followed this documentation but the second step of extracting new relic certificate from agent jar(newrelic.jar) does not work. It does not extract new relic certificate and also does not give any error.

2 Likes

Make sure you’re using Java agent 6.1.0 as 6.0.0 had some reported issues reported in the release notes. https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/release-notes/agent-release-notes/java-release-notes/java-agent-610

The agent dev team made some changes to make the agent respond better when the JVM has a custom trust store.

Let us know if this helps.

I tried version 6.1.0 but was unable to find the nrcerts within that package. I tried downgradring to version 5.14 which contains the required certificates and that worked for me. I did not try to copy the nrcerts bundled with 5.14 into the version 6.1 but that might be worth a try.

1 Like

@hans.christian.alsos please let us know if this works for you and if not, we can try and assist you further.