Just for FUN - Favorite Holiday Side Dish Poll

For those of us in the the United States, and most likely others from around the world, we’ve spent a lot of time staring at maps these past few weeks. It was such a visual relief when I saw this map and its breakdown of the favorite side dishes for those holiday meals that are soon to come. So lets have some fun, vote for your favorite side dish and if you have some other favorite put it in the comments! I’ll admit that there may be a little bit of judgment for those of you who choose “cream corn”, I have NEVER understood that dish even when my grandma poured her love into it :wink:

Photo credit: Zippia

What’s your favorite holiday side dish?

• Mashed Potatoes
  • Biscuits
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Rolls
  • Brown Gravy
  • Hashbrown Casserole
  • Crescent Rolls
  • Cream Corn
  • Deviled Eggs
  • Broccoli Casserole
  • Sweet Potato Casserole
  • Corn
  • White Gravy
  • Cornbread Dressing
  • Baked Sweet Potatoes
  • Dressing
  • Mac And Cheese
  • Stuffing
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Side Salad

0 voters

Another question for you foodies out there: What’s the difference between “dressing” and “stuffing”?

Stuffing traditionally went in your meat, dressing goes over it :slight_smile:

ROAST potatoes - plain old potatoes, not sweet potatoes, are the best side dish for Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners. Especially when they are crispy on the outsides and fluffy on the insides :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Agreeing with Stefan: if you bake it in a dish or on the stove then it’s dressing. If you bake it stuffed into the turkey then it’s stuffing, by definition.

2 years ago my wife and I were chastised by all 3 grand children and our son because we forgot the deviled eggs. Evidently, that is the most important side dish at our gatherings.

1 Like

@stefan_garnham I was literally telling @JoiConverse yesterday about the beauty of a simple roast potato, seasons with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Could not agree with you more! :smile:

2 Likes

Speaking as a former Idahoan, I am deeply suspicious of green bean casserole overtaking mashed potatoes as the side-of-choice in this map!

To wit: https://www.thekitchn.com/jacket-potato-22943799

1 Like