New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Kubernetes monitoring integration does not support 1.11.x version

kubernetes

There has been change on kubernetes side at ver 1.11.x - they switched from docker to containerd. I’m getting

time="2018-08-29T19:08:39Z" level=error msg="can't watch containers?" error="cannot connect to Docker endpoint"
time="2018-08-29T19:08:39Z" level=warning msg="couldn't collect Docker samples" error="cannot connect to Docker endpoint"```

I'm using `newrelic/infrastructure-k8s:1.2.0`

Kubernetes monitoring integration 1.2.0 does not support Kubernetes 1.11

I’m sorry, got some error during saving an issue - this one is duplicate of Kubernetes monitoring integration 1.2.0 does not support Kubernetes 1.11

No worries @vbartos - Sorry to hear you faced errors. If that happens again could you please take a screenshot of both the error and your browser’s console. We’d be eager to get that looked into. Those screenshots would surely help :smiley: You can either send them to me via DM here on the community, or post to our feedback section

Hello, there has been change on kubernetes at version 1.11 - they moved from docker to containerd. Therefore now getting following errors:

time="2018-08-29T19:08:39Z" level=error msg="can't watch containers?" error="cannot connect to Docker endpoint"
time="2018-08-29T19:08:39Z" level=warning msg="couldn't collect Docker samples" error="cannot connect to Docker endpoint"

I’m using newrelic/infrastructure-k8s:1.2.0

Hi @vbartos, I was just wondering if you are running any docker containers, if so could I get a permalink to your application to take a closer look?

If not, then this is simply a utility in our agent that attempts to collect docker metrics if they are present. If you’d like you can remove all entries of the Infrastructure agent from /var/messages by piping the infrastructure agent logs to its own file. This can be done by specifying a log_file attribute in the newrelic-infra.yml :slight_smile: