Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Label with AS clause attributes grouped by FACET

It’d be very useful if we could use the “AS” clause to label attributes grouped by the “FACET” clause. I don’t think this is currently possible since I tried some approaches and couldn’t achieve the desired result.

Something like this:

SELECT average(duration) FROM Transaction FACET appName AS "Application Name"

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @rverona - that’s a great idea! I can get that filed for you internally.

For now though, if FACET CASES is an option for you, you can label CASES with AS, check out the docs below;

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/insights/nrql-new-relic-query-language/nrql-reference/nrql-syntax-components-functions#facet-cases-as-label

@RyanVeitch Thanks for your response, but I can’t see how FACET CASES could be an even replacement in this case, I want to be able to rename the column name, and this option alows me to rename rows.

Hey @rverona - thanks for the reply. I agree this isn’t the most suitable or ideal workaround for you, though it is the only option available to label a facet.

We’ll make sure your feature idea is sent up to the right team though :smiley:

cases function showing in result with column name cases. Is there any way to change it now?

Hey @hari.muppiri1 - Using AS with FACET CASES () will allow you to rename rows. It’s not yet possible to rename that column.

Is it possible to rename only specific rows? Say I have multiple rows that adhere to some condition (value LIKE ‘%mine%’) that I want to group and display AS “Mine”, but have all the rest appear with their original values.
Would really help me.

Thanks!

Hey @matan.shtauber - the AS 'someText' feature in NRQL only applies to the columns, it is not possible to rename rows in Insights.