Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Learn New Relic, Earn Cool Stuff

learnnewrelic

Happy February!

This month we are celebrating our Explorers who we consider the most scholarly.

Did you know that some of our community threads have been read by over two thousand people? Not a day goes by when our feature idea category doesn’t get views, likes and votes. And a large chunk of our community site’s traffic comes from Google searches. In short, the type of exploring that is done most often is simply reading community content.

All of you Explorers who are absorbing the community knowledge base is the reason this site is successful. We wouldn’t be able to sustain a community like this one with out tons of people reading tons of content and finding value. That is why this month we are encouraging you to read! Take it all in! Research your answers, learn a new skill, and show your appreciation. In turn we will show you our appreciation in the form of special swag.

Rules

The rules are simple: get to readin’! Anyone who reads 25 (or more!) topics/threads in the community AND likes (hearts :heart_decoration:) 5 posts will qualify as an Explorers Hub Scholar. You will receive a special ‘Scholar’ badge on your community profile and be sent swag for a job well done.

Qualifications

Read 25 topics
Like 5 posts

Here are some great places to start your Scholar journey:

New Relic Level Up: Relic Solutions

Our Level Up category is full of official solutions created by the people that work here and a few of our Explorers. This is a self serve area that gives context into how a certain feature can inform your entire New Relic platform.

Community On-boarding Series for New Customers

Our on-boarding series is a category full of easy to ingest videos about getting started with New Relic APM. On-boarding is an important part of getting up to speed with all New Relic has to offer you.

New Relic Certification Category

In October our NRU (New Relic University) Team launched a Certification Program where you could take an assessment quiz and qualify as a Performance Pro. You will see all kinds of Explorers who participated via their custom “certified pro” title next to their community avatar. You will learn a lot about New Relic’s purpose and function in this series.

Hurry! February is our shortest month of the year—you have 28 days to complete the challenge. :blush: Please be sure to reply to this thread with new nuggets of wisdom, workarounds, and ways you were able to self serve while participating in this contest.

Check back often as we congratulate our Scholars in this thread while the month goes on! Happy learning!

Feature Idea: Forum badge progress bars in https://discuss.newrelic.com/badges
2018 Review of Community Awesomeness

Wow! Way to embrace a challenge everyone! Congratulations to our first seven Explorers who already rose to the occasion and have earned the title Explorers Hub Scholar! Join me in congratulating:

@rhalliwell
@nsinisterra
@Trevor_Dearham
@kotekhutsishvili
@kmaier
@booveman
@adwwhitehead

We’ll be handing out your badges shortly, and be on the lookout for an email so we can send you some swag!

Thanks @hross! :slight_smile:

Nice initiative! :wink:

I see you liked the post with your name in it @nsinisterra! Way to be on a roll!

This is awesome! Thank you!

if my name is there, this should be a good post @hross, humility aside… Just kidding, i like it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you. What a lovely initiative

Happy Monday Ya’ll!

Over the weekend these busy :honeybee: s kept racking up the activity. Please welcome our next five Explorers Hub Scholars:

@gekkie
@dwelch
@rhoerr
@Michael_Ujifusa
@stefan_garnham

Badges and an email for claiming your swag are heading your way shortly. Congratulations!

Hahaha, another like to add to the pot :smiley:

Always the over-achiever @stefan_garnham! You are the best!

Hello again Explorers! Let’s all congratulate the next three folks who have earned their Explorers Hub Scholar badge:

@henkmeulekamp
@dmonteverde
@zackm

Remember - you have all month to read 25 topics and share the love with five likes. There’s lots to learn here in the community, so take advantage and get some new swag!

February keeps rolling on, and we keep handing out new Explorers Hub Scholar badges! We’re thrilled to add two more folks to mix today, bringing our grand total to 17 people who have read 25 topics and liked five posts. Let’s all thank these folks for being a big part of our community:

@PJL
@james.livingston

Swag emails and badges are heading your way shortly. There’s a lot of February left, so I can’t wait to see who’s next! Perhaps it will be one of these folks, who are getting very close:

@fiserv
@Robin.Osborne
@benw
@LAMBERT

It’s Thursday, and that means we’re one week into this month’s challenge. We’re rounding it out today with 2 more community members:

@bevan
@Robin.Osborne

Thanks to you both for taking the time to explore New Relic with us and show your appreciation for the content that helps you most. Swag emails and badges are on their way to you! Who’s next? Maybe one of these fine people:

@AndrewWalker
@Milen.Palavrov
@monitoringLife
@j.martinez
@joseph.hernandez

You all have at least 19 topics read, so you’re only a visit or two away from meeting the 25 topic goal. If you want to know how many likes you have given, head on over to your profile:

Can’t wait to see you all with your shiny new badges!

Happy Friday ya’ll! It’s the end of the work week and we’re excited to add three more Explorers into our Explorers Hub Scholars club. Congratulations to these three:

@monitoringLife
@AndrewWalker
@LAMBERT

@LAMBERT and @AndrewWalker get extra high fives :raised_hands: for going the extra mile and actually helping out some other Explorers with NRQL queries. Well played!

Who will be next?

• @fiserv - you have all the likes you need. Find a few more interesting topics to peruse (see the top of this thread) and you are THERE.
  • @Splintor - you also have all the likes you need. As a former Relic, I am sure there are a few topics out there that could use your expertise!
  • @daan1, @Milen.Palavrov, @j.martinez - You three have read all the topics you need. Did you find something helpful? Give it a like!

It’s a new week, and we have another couple of :star2: superstars to congratulate for earning their Explorers Hub Scholars badge:

@fiserv
@benw

Congrats on crossing the line today! You bring our total up to 24 people who have read 25 topics and shown the love by giving out five :heart:s. Keep an eye out for an email to claim your free swag and the award of your shiny new badge shortly!

We know that it’s hard to track your progress on this one, so here are a few people who are nearing the finish line:

• @SuperJoachim - you have just 6 more topics to read! Looks like you are an Infrastructure user. Have you seen the Infrastructure Level Up category? Lots of good stuff!
  • @jasperclarence.franc - welcome to the Explorers Hub! You’ve been reading a ton! You’re just a few topics away from hitting the magic 25. Found anything useful? Mark the post with a heart 5 times and you’ll be there too!
  • @jbiggley - you’ve been on a liking spree (we love it when you love stuff!) 10 more topics and you’ve got your badge!

Congratulations to the Explorer who is really living up to his user name:

@SuperJoachim

You are now an official Explorers Hub Scholar! An email with more information is coming your way, so keep your :eyes: peeled.

Who will be next? Our money is is on these folks, who are getting awfully close!

• @cassidyziech - you have all the likes you need, and 14 topics to read. Have you checked out these Level Up posts for APM?
  • @g.sironi - you also have liked more than 5 posts this month, so thanks! You’ll just need to read a few more things to met that part of the goal.

Thanks to everyone who has been taking the challenge to heart (see what I did there?). We are so grateful we get to work with all of you!

Hiya, I got certified before I knew about the Explorer Hub, am I still eligible for a shiny “certified pro” title/badge?

Hey there @ceedubs ! You bet, and welcome! When did you get certified? We haven’t sent out the emails for anyone who was certified in February yet, but those will be coming in early March.

Happy Valentines Day :heart_eyes:! I’ve never quite understood Valentine’s Day, but I am more than happy to have an excuse to tell all our customers how much we appreciate you!

And speaking of appreciating people, let’s all take a moment to appreciate our three newest Explorers Hub Scholars!

@cassidyziech
@ian.hodgetts
@MKhanna

Congrats to you all! I hope you’ve all learned something useful and made someone’s day with your :heart:s! Keep an eye out for an email about how to claim your goodies, and keep on reading…

Hey @hross Happy Valentines day to you too. and thanks for the recognition again :slight_smile: