Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Let Me Introduce Myself - Joi Converse, Community Manager

Hello fellow Explorers! I’m Joi Converse and I’m thrilled to join New Relic as a Community Manager. The spelling of my name usually invites questions so let me clear things up: It’s Joi, pronounced like “joy” but with an “I”, and Converse, like the shoe company but no relation or royalties.

First, I look forward to getting to know you. One of the rewards of community management is the daily opportunity to connect people with people in an intentional and impactful way. I’m here to build experiences that have each Explorers’ needs and desires as the guide for planning. My door is always open for feedback and I hope to get the opportunity to talk directly with some of you soon.

Here are some other little tidbits about me:

1. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?

I am currently reading The Great Book of Amber chronicles but truthfully I’ve only read a few pages so far. Also on my shelf is Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

2. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?

I could last in solitary confinement for 7 days by relying on my imagination to escape the solitude. There’s so much to discover in the silence.

3. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?

This one is easy…

tumblr_m8kj5wJwG11rda3qso1_500

Yes, I still believe! Would love to know if there are any other fellow believers :wink:

4. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?

Unleashing the potential of others is more my inclination. Selfishly, this would give me the opportunity to visit other empires versus being stuck managing the affairs of my own.

5. What’s something that amazes you?

The resilience and creativity we have as humans amazes me. Sometimes we get in our own way but the potential is always there.

Thank you for taking the time to get to know me. Again, I look forward to getting to know you!

I am not familiar with “uncorns” :slight_smile: , but I believe in narwhals.

Narwals = the unicorns of the sea :wink: