Logs are not showing in console for Ubuntu 22.04

Hi Team,

I have been using new relics to monitor our various host for different websites , however I am continuously facing a similar issue with ubuntu os 22.04 , I added new relics agent to our host server but none of the servers running on ubuntu 22.04 is showing any logs on the console. I went through every forum and documentation out there on new relics and I tried all the fixes and suggestion I saw on these forums, but none of them seem to work. Currently also I am not able to see any logs from my servers.

P.S All of the other hosts running of different O.S version seems to be working fine and logs are visible on console. Issue seems to be only with ubuntu os 22.04

Kindly help me fix this issue.

Thank you.

Hi, @ajin1: You may find this post helpful: https://discuss.newrelic.com/t/infrastructure-agent-not-sending-any-logs-to-new-relic/190147/11

Hi phil,

Thank you for the response,I also suspected some issue with the OS. I am currently trying to send logs from fluent bit plugin however I am not able to install the Fluent bit plugin as per the new relic documentation. https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/logs/forward-logs/fluent-bit-plugin-log-forwarding/

the steps with the command cd newrelic-fluent-bit-output && make all is failing .

If your log data is already being monitored by Fluent Bit, you can use our Fluent Bit output plugin to forward and enrich your log data in New Relic.

Is your log data already being monitored by Fluent Bit? If not, that plugin will not do anything.

Hi Phil

This is the error message i’m getting
when i clone the repo and run this command cd newrelic-fluent-bit-output && make all

error - make: *** No rule to make target `all’. Stop.

Is your log data already being monitored by Fluent Bit? If not, that plugin will not do anything. >>no it is not being monitored by fluent bit

Hi @ajin1

Humm this is tricky, can you share a screenshot of the error message. As it will give us a better understanding of the issue at hand.