Logs in message tab in New Relic

Is there is a way to get all the log messages in a single message in New relic.

Like I want for example for a single info log with a time stamp , I want to stack info log message in new relic logs into a single message rather than each line of the same info log with a time stamp. Do new relic have a provision for that

Like in new relic I am getting stack of info logs messages . I want to combine all the messages into a single message with a particular time stamp rather than going through line by line.

Hello @vermaanish02 ,

What you are describing has to be done before ingestion. It will also depend on what log forwarder you are using. A good place to start is Multiline Parsing or this New Relic blog post: Parse Multiline Log Messages.

I hope this helps.

Hi ,

Can you send me how to achieve this using logstash plugin please. As I had installed logstash software but I don’t know how to configure it.

Hi @vermaanish02,

To start, I recommend taking a look at Logstash plugin for log forwarding . I believe the section on Configure the Logstash plugin will be most helpful.

Let me know if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,
Sending logs via logstash always showing error 403 not sure why???

Hi @vermaanish02,

That error means you are using an invalid security key, which means you may need to generate a license key. See Logs troubleshooting for more on this.

License keys are needed for log forwarding at NR. To learn more, I suggest reading License key.

In order to create a license key, simply follow these steps:

• From the account dropdown, click API keys
  • Click Create a key
  • Select the appropriate account number and for key type select Ingest - License
  • Provide the remain details and click Create a key

Let me know if this helps!

Using infrastructure agent to parsing logs via external conf file do we need to install fluent bit plug in.
If yes then how and is there a video regarding how to setup that I had implemented that by seeing the docs but new relic is not picking up the logs
Can you guys share a video on how to set up multi-line logs from the start

Using infrastructure agent to parsing logs via external conf file do we need to install fluent bit plug in.
If yes then how and is there a video regarding how to setup that I had implemented that by seeing the docs but new relic is not picking up the logs
Can you guys share a video on how to set up multi-line logs from the start.

Hello @vermaanish02 ,

The Logtash plugin is basically a Ruby gem written by New Relic. If you already have Elastic Search forwarding logs with the Logtash plugin you might be good to go. The multiline parsing I provided originally is if you are using the infrastructure agent to forward logs and may be unrelated to your goals.

Let us starting by defining your goals. How do you want to capture and forward logs? Via infra-agent or Logtash?

We do have a useful video for you to review: Nerd Bytes: Parsing Logs

Here is an example of parsing logs with logtash Logstash Example

And you can find the ultimate guide to log parsing here: Parsing log data

Hopefully this can help you and if you need more specific help, let us know your end goal you have in mind.

Sir,
I want to parse logs via infra agent as I had gone through the blog you posted to me
I even gone through fluent bit docs also there they are showing to install the nrlog plug in but in blog there is no mention about it that why I got confused please help here
I had put infrastructure agent as a window service do restarting it restarts the fluent bit also???
I need multi-line logs via infra agent as I don’t want external software to inject logs into new relic