Lovely to meet you all - Neal McNamara, Senior Community Moderator

Hello there! My name is Neal McNamara and I’m delighted to say that I am New Relics new Senior Community Moderator!

I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you, to help out anywhere I can and to learn as much as I can along the way. On that note, if you have any questions, feedback or suggestions, please feel free to reach out and let me know!

A few things about myself to get you all up to speed:

• My favourite hobby is cooking! I’m honestly happiest when I’m learning how to cook something new, whether it’s homemade lasagne and ravioli (yes, I make my own pasta, it’s flour and eggs, you can do it too!), Chinese pork dumplings, braised lamb shank, roast broccoli with garlic and goat’s cheese, the list goes on! The only thing better is when I’m cooking for my friends and family.

• My music taste is awful. I’m literally going to a My Chemical Romance concert next year because my personality hit 16 and said “yup, here’s good, no need to progress further”. Fun fact, I have studied music theory for over 11 years and never once thought to learn how to play a single instrument.

• I am always ready for a new challenge and learning new things. For example, I used to be a freelance wedding videographer, I’ve worked in construction in a power plant, I was the assistant technical director of the Edinburgh Short Film Festival and then created Safety Content for Uber EMEA. I like to keep myself on my toes and make sure that I’m constantly expanding my skill set.

• I’m way too social. It can be quite annoying at times admittedly but I love meeting new people. Feel free to introduce yourself at any point!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and like I said, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

7 Likes

Welcome, Neal! Happy to have you on the team.

1 Like

Hey there, how was your time with the Short Film Festival?

I’m an Edinburgh resident and always curious about the behind-the-scenes of it all. 'Course, this year’s been very different with the Fringe Festival cancelled and all, but I heard the Film Festival plowed on.

1 Like

Welcome, Neal! Great to have you on board.

I’m glad the community team has someone who likes food now. I don’t, much to @hross’s amusement.

Looking forward to seeing what awesome stuff you and the team do as you ramp up!

Feel free to tag me if I can help with anything :smiley:

2 Likes

@rishav.dhar Working with the ESFF was a brilliant experience, getting to host and meet all of these filmmakers from all over the world. The organisers of the festival are some of the most amazing and passionate people in the industry and they absolutely made the experience for me!

2 Likes

Thanks @RyanVeitch and don’t worry I’ll take the food heat off you!

I appreciate all the help!

1 Like