% Moble Data or Wifi Connection - asnOrganisation grouping

It’s really handy to be able to facet queries by device type so that you can get splits by desktop/mobile/tablet etc.
Since the asn information has become available this has been even more insightful. But…

Is there anything inbuilt in insights that will allow me to facet a PageView by whether a customer is using a mobile data connection/wifi connetion?

The best way I can think to do this is to create a flawed query like the example below which basically uses a manually created list of the main UK broad band providers in where clauses.

Example Query:
SELECT percentage(count(asnOrganization ), WHERE asnOrganization not in ( 'Virgin Media Limited','Sky UK Limited', 'BT Public Internet Service','TalkTalk Communications Limited','Tiscali UK Limited','PlusNet plc.')) FROM PageView

Rather than have to try and maintain something like this it would be very helpful if this had been worked out up front and provided much like the grouping on device type, which replaced lists of useragentos. If this is already possible please let me know if not can I add it as a feature request.

Please let me know if you require more infomation on what I am trying to achieve or why.

Not out of the box, it is available on mobile events.

3 Likes

Yup, filter on deviceType to create your columns of mobile/desktop etc. At the end just facet on whatever attribute you want down your rows - perhaps City to start with?

Take a look here: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/insights/new-relic-insights/using-new-relic-query-language/nrql-reference and search for filter( in the page - there’s a pretty good example that should point you in the right direction.

3 Likes