Monitor Login API - sample script?

I would like to monitor our api. From what I read Synthetics API check should able to fulfill my requirement, anyone have any sample script which can put me on the right track? Just want to keep it simple to ensure we can keep track the availability of this api.

1 Like

Hi @charles12 - There is a template which shows how to use authentication in the link below.

1 Like

Hi @charles12 - I have no comments on best practice as every company has their own requirements and regulations to meet.

2 Likes

Chiming in on this, there could be problems with running a synthetics monitor to test the account creation workflow.

Just in the sense that, you will end up with a lot of unused accounts created by a monitor. And, depending on your account’s allowed parameters, you may have to build in some alternating naming schemes.

For example, New Relic Account names need to be unique. So, I couldn’t create a script to test NR account creation workflow by signing up for Ryan's account several times. That would fail after the first try because the names need to be unique. I would need to build into my script some alternate naming strategy.

2 Likes