My have you been hacked? new topic

Have you sold my data or been hacked?

The unique new relic email I have used has started sending me spam and emails.

Only way this can happen is if you have sold my email account or been hacked?

Hi @newrelic473,

Welcome to the Explorers Hub

Sorry to hear this, but there has not been any reports of NR being hacked, nor does NR sell customer information to any third-parties. Can you confirm the email address that is receiving the spam?

Please find the attached email I received which is an email address created for my new relic account

This email address is used exclusively for new relic.

[

Date: 20 November 2021 at 01:22:56 GMT
To: newrelic@simplexed.co.uk
Subject: New residential apartments 23 mins from Central London
Reply-To: Commuter Apartments newsletter@filmpek.com
](file:///var/tmp/com.apple.email.maild/EMContentRepresentation/com.apple.mobilemail/654F9FA8-71AB-46D2-AF85-8C2F8539587A/32E80044-D4CC-4067-8AEF-B601263442A3.html#)
[
New Residential Apartments
Just 23 Mins From Central London
RWinvest
• Prices from £179,950

Hi, @newrelic473: According to https://haveibeenpwned.com/, your email address was exposed in a breach of the sales engagement startup Apollo. I don’t know if New Relic is/was an Apollo customer, but that may be where the spammer got it. It is also possible that they simply guessed the address.

Ok but you are the data controller so you should have notified me of a potential breach of data according the the data protection act?

@newrelic473 Thank you for your query, we have forwarded this to New Relic’s Privacy team.

I got spam as well on a email that has only been used with new relic. nothing else…

and from haveibeenpwned: Good news — no pwnage found!

Hello @munk -

Glad to hear that you’re not pwned! That said, I want to reiterate that there have not been any data breaches in recent history here. Couple of things to keep in mind: