New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

MySQL Integration problem on CentOS 6.9

Hi,
I wasn’t sure where to put this comment, so I’ll leave it here.

It’s just a note on where the documentation was not clear.

I was having trouble getting the MySLQ integration working on CentOS 6.9.

The instructions in steps 3 & 4 in the documentation say to cd to cd /etc/newrelic-infra/integrations.d and create the mysql-config.yml there.

After much head scratching and starting over from scratch, I finally found that mysql-config.yml needed to be moved to /etc/mysql-config.yml.

Once it was moved there, the MySQL integration became available.

Hi @psweeney,

That shouldn’t happen at all.
Can you send me a link to your account and server running that integration?

Was the integration installed separately or part of the agent bundle? Want to make sure you’re not running a really old version of the infrastructure agent.

Cheers,

i have self configured mysql-config.yml file

instances:

arguments: 
  database: my-database
  extended_innodb_metrics: 1
  extended_metrics: 1
  extended_myisam_metrics: 1
  hostname: localhost
  password: RedactedByAdmin
  port: 3306
  remote_monitoring: true
  username: newrelic
  command: status
  name:  mysql-server

and i have move to /etc/newrelic-infra/integrations.d/ and also in /var/db/newrelic-infra/integrations.d/ and even in above path /etc/mysql-config.yml. but then to no integration succuss and i am a pro member of newrelic. please assist me.

Hi @mohammad.zaid - Before we dive into potential config issues can you please double check on our compatibility requirements for the MySQL On-Host Integration here.

Now that we have that out of the way let’s get stuck into your config!

The only directory that your mysql-config.yml config file is read from is /etc/newrelic-infra/integrations.d/ so to avoid any conflicts please make sure you delete the config files from the other mentioned directories before troubleshooting.

To prevent any formatting issues, the best approach would be to copy and rename the mysql-config.yml.sample which was added to /etc/newrelic-infra/integrations.d/ when you first installed the integration. The contents should look similar to the below:

instances:
  - name: mysql-server
    command: status
    arguments:
        hostname: localhost
        port: 3306
        username: newrelic
        password: <YOUR_SELECTED_PASSWORD>
    labels:
        env: production
        role: write-replica

On first glance, it looks like the command key should be on its own line not under arguments.

For now, I would use the mysql-config.yml.sample as a base template. Don’t forget to restart the infrastructure agent for any changes you make.

Let us know how that goes for you!

thanks for your reply, got it i have not install the apt-get install nri-mysql package on my ubuntu server

@psweeney and @mohammad.zaid thanks for the update. It’s a common oversight to follow the integration connection instructions without first installing the integration agent. Just to recap for the community, please make sure to follow the steps here:

…before following the steps here: