New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

NerdStorage Access Outside of Nerdlet

rfb
graphql
nerdlet

I’m thinking through various possible uses of Nerdlets, and one of them involves being able to have some configuration that would be generated and modified when we deploy our services. I was hoping that there would be a way for our CICD pipeline to modify the nerdlet config that could be stored in the NerdStorage.

It seems like this might be doable through the graphql API, since it does show up as something that is queryable. But when I try to query it I run into the the following error:

{
  actor {
    account(id: ....) {
      nerdStorage {
        collection(collection: "") {
          id
        }
      }
    }
  }
}
{
  "data": {
    "actor": {
      "account": {
        "nerdStorage": null
      }
    }
  },
  "errors": [
    {
      "locations": [
        {
          "column": 0,
          "line": 5
        }
      ],
      "message": "No External Package ID found. This field only functions in the context of an External Package.",
      "path": [
        "actor",
        "account",
        "nerdStorage"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

Is there a way that I can set the External Package ID? I’m assuming thats just the nerdlet UUID?

@cgilling – this is definitely on the roadmap, for the exact reasons that you outline above. i don’t have a definitive time yet, but we are looking/exploring how we might accomplish this.

Thanks, good to hear it’s something you want to do. Look forward to being able to use it

@cgilling – Check out the Developer Toolkit and the newrelic cli – We’ve added support for this!!

great, thanks, I’ll check it out soon!