New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

.NET Agent API call - Custom Event creation - Attribute char limits

api
bug

Hi!

The documentation says that the Insight can handle 4KB of data per attribute in case of custom events.
https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/insights/insights-data-sources/custom-data/insights-custom-data-requirements-limits

However for some reason the .NET Agent API only handles maximum 256 char long attributes. (If the attribute is longer, then it is not even sent.)

For me it does not seem a reasonable limitation. (Actually I tend to consider it as a bug.)

Are you planning to fix it?
Do you have any workaround to be able to send longer attributes in custom events?

Thanks,
Janos

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi Janos,

I have created a feature request for you,

We are adding a poll to your post so that other users can vote on the importance of this request.

Nemo

Would love this for the node agent as well!

Hey @nexkey - Thanks for posting, I’ll get your +1 added for the Node agent here. :+1: