[.NET] Agent not starting or logging in Linux Docker container

We are having issues getting the NewRelic Agent to collect data in our Kubernetes environment. Furthermore, there are no logs present in the “newrelic/logs” folder.

By comparison, everything works in the same Docker image when run outside of our Kubernetes environment.

It should be noted that other pods from within the same environment are reporting out general K8s data to our NR instance via Pixie, and we have opened up egress to *newrelic.com on the firewall, which leads us to believe it is not a networking issue. The most interesting thing for us is that there are absolutely no logs present in the “newrelic/logs” folder when we run in K8s, which seems to indicate that the agent is not even attempting to start up or is unable to log.

We have tried:

Our setup:

• APM Agent Language: .NET
  • APM Agent Version: 10.3.0
  • Operating System: Ubuntu
  • Operating System Version: 20.04.5 LTS (Focal Fossa)
  • Frameworks your app is using: .NET 6

Environment variables:
CORECLR_ENABLE_PROFILING=1
CORECLR_PROFILER={36032161-FFC0-4B61-B559-F6C5D41BAE5A}
CORECLR_NEWRELIC_HOME=/App/newrelic
CORECLR_PROFILER_PATH=/App/newrelic/libNewRelicProfiler.so
NEW_RELIC_APP_NAME=xxxxxx
NEW_RELIC_LICENSE_KEY=xxxxxx

Hello @jkeefer. Welcome to the Explorers Hub!

Thank you for reaching out and providing detail surrounding this, I am sorry you are experiencing troubles. While I am not a support engineer, I am looping one in to help out as .NET is out of my scope. Please note they will respond here shortly, when available.

Do reach out with any other questions you may also have, we will be happy to answer them.