.NET Framework host display name not appearing in APM dashboard

Hi,

I have added the environment variable NEW_RELIC_PROCESS_HOST_DISPLAY_NAME with a friendly server name to my Windows Server 2019 host where a .NET Framework 4.6 website is running in IIS.

In the APM dashboard, I am still seeing the computer name in both the Instances drop-down and in the Hosts table along the bottom of the the page. Both the server and IIS have been restarted.

The environment variables NEW_RELIC_APP_NAME for displaying a friendly application name under APM and NRIA_OVERRIDE_HOSTNAME_SHORT for displaying friendly name under Infrastructure > Hosts are both working.

Is NEW_RELIC_PROCESS_HOST_DISPLAY_NAME only for .NET Core apps or does it support .NET Framework apps too?

Hey there @RunRun,

I see you are wanting to modify or add different host names on your APM dashboard. I do think that this document here will help get you on the right track for this: Change display name of hosts.

This will guide you on adding, renaming or removing hosts as well as an option to assign a cosmetic label to a host. Please let me know if this was helpful or not in your journey and we will continue to provide any needed support. I hope you have a great day!