New Relic agent not working with PHP8.0 version

Team,

I have upgraded my php version from 7.4 to 8.0 , all of sudden my newrelic agent got stopped working , getting below warning.

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘newrelic.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20200930/newrelic.so (/usr/lib/php/20200930/newrelic.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20200930/newrelic.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20200930/newrelic.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

Please can you help on the above issues.

Hi there @naresh2 -

The PHP Agent does not yet support PHP 8. Per our requirements docs, we support up to version 7.4. This is the most likely explanation for what you are seeing.

It’s possible that you can get what you need by using custom instrumentation, but as we have not tested, we can’t make any guarantees.

Keep an eye out on our PHP release notes page for when version 8 support is available.

Hi Hross,

Any update on the php-fpm8.0 newrelic agent upgrade ?

Hi @naresh2 , none at the moment but I would advise keeping an eye out because as soon as there is any news, we will update this and let everyone know.

Trying to upgrade my libraries and PHP to the latest version of PHP8. Having the New Relic agent being able to handle PHP8 is a must-have.