New Relic Infrastructure installation

Hi
Added new relic repo on server and when i am trying to install it using zypper install command its gives below error. Can someone help me to resolve this.

zypper install newrelic-infra-1.11.50-1.sles12.3.x86_64
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
newrelic-infra

The following package is not supported by its vendor:
newrelic-infra

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 30.7 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 94.5 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/…? shows all options] (y): y
Retrieving package newrelic-infra-1.11.50-1.sles12.3.x86_64 (1/1), 30.7 MiB ( 94.5 MiB unpacked)
Retrieving: newrelic-infra-1.11.50-1.sles12.3.x86_64.rpm …[done (4.2 MiB/s)]
newrelic-infra-1.11.50-1.sles12.3.x86_64.rpm:
Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 8ecce87c: NOKEY
V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 8ecce87c: NOKEY

newrelic-infra-1.11.50-1.sles12.3.x86_64 (New Relic Infrastructure): Signature verification failed [4-Signatures public key is not available]
Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): a
Problem occurred during or after installation or removal of packages:
Installation aborted by user

Please see the above error message for a hint.

@krishnax.yerudkar Thanks for reaching out. I would suggest reading through the installation documentation first to see if there is anything that stands out to you that might be preventing installation.

We discovered that there is an issue in zypper package manager. There’s a thread on gitlab runner installer for openSUSE where they raised this issue: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/omnibus-gitlab/-/issues/2226

This is a known bug with zypper where zypper ignores the gpgkey keyword in the
repo configuration file. With later versions of Packagecloud, there may be
improvements regarding this, but currently users have to manually agree to
package installation.

So, in openSUSE or SLES systems, if such a warning is displayed, it is safe to continue installation.
To install our agent and accept that key (that is exact the same as was installed before) you will need to run agent install in interactive mode (without -n flag)

So to proceed with the installation the last 2 commands of our installation must be:

sudo zypper ref -r newrelic-infra

You will need to reply yes when prompted
And then run:

sudo zypper install newrelic-infra

Here you will need to reply y when prompted Continue? [y/n/...? shows all options] (y)
and after reply i when prompted Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a)

This will allow the agent to be installed.

A permanent fix will need to wait for Suse to address this problem but until then, this is how you can install the agent.

1 Like