New Relic integration with IBM WebSphere MQ

IBM WebSphere MQ is running our windows server 2003 and also I have found New Relic having built-in dashboard for this system. Do I need to install infra/java/ .net agents on the server before having anything from IBM MQ. This server is very old, I don’t think New Relic has the agents can run on it. Please correct me if I am wrong and also any solutions you can recommend? Thanks

@alden.xu Thank you for this question. I did some looking in our Docs and they have provided this resource regarding the IBM MQ installation: IBM MQ monitoring integration | New Relic Documentation

It outlines compatibility and requirements that you may find helpful. It does seem that you will need to install in order to have the IBM MQ features available. Definitely welcome insights from fellow community members if they have found this not to be the case.

Please let us know how this goes for you. If you have other questions we’re here to assist :slight_smile:

can I have the doc link for a read please?

Link: IBM MQ monitoring integration | New Relic Documentation

reading it now. Thanks

Hey @alden.xu,

I hope you are well. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else or if you have any further questions, we are always happy to help!

the server is windows 2003 and too old. no new relic can be installed on it according to the agent installation requirements. at the moment, we will try to find other options. Thanks

Hey @alden.xu,

Oh okay that makes sense, I am sorry to hear that though. Please let us know if we can be of assistance with anything else and we will be more than happy to help!