Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

New Relic not receiving any data from APM agent in docker container

I have integrated new relic APM with my nodeJS application which is running inside a docker container and I want track only APM and not docker container.
Things I have done for this :

1. Install newrelic 4.10.0 npm module using command “npm install newrelic”
  2. Copied newrelic.js from node_modules to root dir
  3. added “require(‘newrelic’)” as first line of index.js
  4. Store NEW_RELIC_APP_NAME, NEW_RELIC_LICENSE_KEY and NEW_RELIC_NO_CONFIG_FILE variables in docker-compose and used them in newrelic.js.

After doing above steps, my app_name is showing in the APM application list and when I click on that hostname is also visible, but I am not getting any other data.

I am not getting this issue for non-docker applications.

Please can someone help me out.

@kalyani.ghodake Thanks for your post. Can you please send us a permalink to the application that appears in the UI without any data? To create a permalink to any page within the New Relic user interface, scroll to the bottom and click ‘Permalink’ all the way on the right next to ‘Kiosk Mode.’

I’d also like to get more insight into your environment. Can you let us know if your Node app is using a supported web framework?

We may end up needing to open a support ticket to gather trace level logs from the Node agent (and other info) but at this point, getting the information I asked for would be helpful.

We look forward to hearing back from you.