New Relic One Synthetics - script validated but the Create Monitor button is greyed out

I’m trying to create a synthetic monitor using the scripting tool. The UI says we have thousands of available monthly checks.
After the script validates, the Create Monitor tool is greyed out so I can’t save the Monitor.
I’ve tried repeatedly yesterday and today to catch it unawares to try to get it to save.
Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?
Please help.

@nmcnamara @JoiConverse See attached screenshot of the issue described above, which shows that the script validated, but Create Monitor is greyed out.

Should I expect a response from New Relic on this post? I can’t find an interface to escalate or to create a customer support ticket.NR screenshot.pdf (272.5 KB)

Hi @accounts_heroku,

Sorry to hear that you’re running into issues here. It sounds like you’re trying to create a scripted browser monitor and can’t save it after validating. Is that correct?

Assuming that’s the case, I believe this might be some sort of subscription issue. Specifically, it looks like your account has Synthetics Lite enabled and I believe that you need Synthetics Pro to utilize scripted browser monitors. Another customer ran into a similar issue here and that ended up being the case: Cannot Create Synthetics API monitor

I’m working to confirm whether-or-not this is still the case, but it might be worth reaching out to a representative on your account to see about subscription options. I’ll be sure to let you know if I find out anything else here.

Hi @accounts_heroku,

Just following up once more and I found a piece of documentation confirming what I thought earlier. It might be worth reaching out to someone on your account who might be able to assist further. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions here.

1 Like

Hi Masen,
Thanks very much for your email and sorry for my delay in responding. I’ll look into our subscription options - we’re currently on Murdock, which we pay for via Heroku. I’ll see what I can find out and let you know.
Best,
James

Hi Masen,
Thanks again for the helpful information. How do we connect with an account representative?

Heroku doesn’t enable us to pay for add-ins via their service, so it sounds like we’ll have to speak with someone on your side. See post below.
Best,
James

Hi Masen,
I’ve reached out to sales via the New Relic website but haven’t heard back. I also left a voicemail on the sales line. It’s been well over a week that we’ve been trying to set this up, and we’re more than willing to pay for the Synthetics PRO add-on. Could you please connect me to a salesperson who can help us?

Hi @accounts_heroku,

My apologies for the delay here - I’ve actually been offline and out-of-the-virtual-office for the last couple of weeks and have just returned. Have you managed to get in touch with anyone yet? If not, let me know and I’ll work on getting you connected from my end.

1 Like