New Relic One terms and conditions

Sorry I’m trying to post the whole log, but always my post is rejected with the message:

What should I do to get ride of it? Remove URLs?

Could you try to DM that to me? If that doesn’t work, then yes, remove the URLs, I’m not sure what URL the Explorers Hub is blocking but I’d like to see the full log.

Thanks @AAASeva

Hi, @RyanVeitch

Could you try to DM that to me?
Sorry for my ignorance, what is “DM”?

Tried to upload the .txt file, but as new user I can’t

Could you try to DM that to me? I
Sorry for my ignorance, what is “DM”?

1. –show_keys option at profiles:list throws an exception
    seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:list --verbose --show_keys
    init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘–verbose’, ‘–show_keys’, [length]: 2 ]
    Sending usage event cliError
    :heavy_multiplication_x: Error: Unexpected argument: --show_keys
    See more help with --help
    at validateArgs (/usr/lib/newrelic-cli/node_modules/@oclif/parser/lib/validate.js:10:19)
    at Object.validate (/usr/lib/newrelic-cli/node_modules/@oclif/parser/lib/validate.js:57:5)
    at Object.parse (/usr/lib/newrelic-cli/node_modules/@oclif/parser/lib/index.js:26:7)
    at ProfilesListCommand.parse (/usr/lib/newrelic-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/command.js:83:41)
    at ProfilesListCommand.run (/usr/lib/newrelic-cli/node_modules/@datanerd/3pp-cli-profiles/src/commands/profiles/list.js:8:30)
    at ProfilesListCommand._run (/usr/lib/newrelic-cli/node_modules/@oclif/command/lib/command.js:44:31)
    seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:list --show_keys
    :heavy_multiplication_x: Error: Unexpected argument: --show_keys
    See more help with --help

2. Now with -s it works

seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:list -s
Name Region API key

V.Semouchin (default) eu NRAK-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX15M

seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:list -s --verbose
init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘-s’, ‘–verbose’, [length]: 2 ]
Name Region API key

V.Semouchin (default) eu NRAK-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX15M

seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:remove V.Semouchin --verbose
init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘V.Semouchin’, ‘–verbose’, [length]: 2 ]
:heavy_check_mark: Removed profile V.Semouchin.
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:add --name v-semouchin --api-key NRAK-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXKM7 --region eu
:heavy_check_mark: Added profile v-semouchin.

seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 nerdpack:clone -r https(:slight_smile://github.com/newrelic/nr1-top.git --force --verbose
init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘-r’,
‘nr1-top.git’,
‘–force’,
‘–verbose’,
[length]: 4 ]
Sending usage event cliClone
Cloning repository…
Cloning into ‘/home/seva/nr1-top’…
remote: Enumerating objects: 161, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (161/161), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (113/113), done.
remote: Total 427 (delta 84), reused 104 (delta 38), pack-reused 266
Receiving objects: 100% (427/427), 2.24 MiB | 3.86 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (219/219), done.
Setting repo as remote upstream…
Installing dependencies…

core-js-pure@3.6.4 postinstall /home/seva/nr1-top/node_modules/core-js-pure
node -e “try{require(’./postinstall’)}catch(e){}”

Thank you for using core-js ( zloirock/core-js ) for polyfilling JavaScript standard library!

The project needs your help! Please consider supporting of core-js on Open Collective or Patreon:

core-js
zloirock

Also, the author of core-js ( zloirock ) is looking for a good job -)

added 330 packages in 84.21s

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ npm update check failed │
│ Try running with sudo or get access │
│ to the local update config store via │
│ sudo chown -R $USER:$(id -gn $USER) /home/seva/.config │
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
Re-generating UUID…
:heavy_multiplication_x: Error: The operation you are trying to perform requires an API key

The profile V.Semouchin does not exist in your profile keychain or does not have
API key and API region.

You can try:
⁎ List of your profiles with “nr1 profiles:list”
⁎ Run this command with a different profile (add “–profile profile-name”)
⁎ Configure a new profile through the website:

:heavy_multiplication_x: Error: Error on command: nr1 nerdpack:uuid --generate --force
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$

This is saying now that your profile doesn’t exist in the keychain or has no API key…

Could you run:

nr1 profiles:list -s

And send back a screenshot? (though, obfuscate your API keys :slight_smile: )

I want to make sure the profile there looks ok!

Hi, @RyanVeitch,

honestly to say if you will scroll the script up you will see how I create the profile and set it as default - following is a party of the command history:

146 nr1 profiles:remove v-semouchin --verbose
147 nr1 profiles:add --name V.Semouchin --api-key NRAK-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXKM7 --region eu
148 nr1 profile --help
149 nr1 profiles --help
150 nr1 profiles:default --help
151 nr1 profiles:default -n V.Semouchin --profile=V.Semouchin --verbose
152 nr1 profiles:default
153 sudo nr1 nerdpack:clone -r https://github.com/newrelic/nr1-top.git --force --verbose
154 sudo chown -R $USER:$(id -gn $USER) $HOME/.config

and now still one time:
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~/nr1-top$ nr1 profiles:list -s
Name Region API key

V.Semouchin (default) eu NRAK-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXKM7

I did see you creating the profile, which made it weird to see the error citing a lack of profile.

I’m going to tag in @dgolden & @joelworrall who may have more ideas than me to find a fix here.

Hi, Guys
@RyanVeitch @dgolden @joelworrall
I tried to remove all existing API keys from my account and then recreate the new one. In another thread Programmability -> Need to accept terms and conditions, @mtsou claimed, that that could help. In my case it does not work. After the new key was created I was NOT brought to the popup where I should agree with terms and conditions.

I tried to rebuild the app and got the same error

seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:remove V.Semouchin --verbose
init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘V.Semouchin’, ‘–verbose’, [length]: 2 ]
:heavy_check_mark: Removed profile V.Semouchin.
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:add --name V.Semouchin --api-key NRAK-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXQUY --region eu
:heavy_check_mark: Added profile V.Semouchin.
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:list -s --verbose
init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘-s’, ‘–verbose’, [length]: 2 ]
Name Region API key

V.Semouchin (default) eu NRAK-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXQUY

seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 profiles:default -n V.Semouchin --profile=V.Semouchin --verbose
init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘-n’,
‘V.Semouchin’,
‘–profile=V.Semouchin’,
‘–verbose’,
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ sudo chown -R $USER:$(id -gn $USER) $HOME/.newrelic
[sudo] password for seva:
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ sudo chown -R $USER:$(id -gn $USER) $HOME/.config
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ sudo rm -R nr1-top/
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ sudo nr1 nerdpack:clone -r [GITHUB]newrelic/nr1-top.git --force --verbose
init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘-r’,
‘[GITHUB]newrelic/nr1-top.git’,
‘–force’,
‘–verbose’,
Sending usage event cliClone
Cloning repository…
Cloning into ‘/home/seva/nr1-top’…
remote: Enumerating objects: 161, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (161/161), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (113/113), done.
remote: Total 427 (delta 84), reused 104 (delta 38), pack-reused 266
Receiving objects: 100% (427/427), 2.24 MiB | 8.66 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (219/219), done.
Setting repo as remote upstream…
Installing dependencies…

core-js-pure@3.6.4 postinstall /home/seva/nr1-top/node_modules/core-js-pure
node -e “try{require(’./postinstall’)}catch(e){}”

Thank you for using core-js ( [GITHUB]zloirock/core-js ) for polyfilling JavaScript standard library!

The project needs your help! Please consider supporting of core-js on Open Collective or Patreon:

https://opencollective.com/core-js
https://www.patreon.com/zloirock

Also, the author of core-js ( [GITHUB]zloirock ) is looking for a good job -)

added 330 packages in 61.88s
Re-generating UUID…
:heavy_multiplication_x: Error: Please accept the New Relic Developer Terms and Conditions prior to executing this operation.

:information_source: You can run this command with “–verbose” for more info.
:heavy_multiplication_x: Error: Error on command: nr1 nerdpack:uuid --generate --force
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ nr1 nerdpack:uuid --generate --force --verbose
init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘–generate’, ‘–force’, ‘–verbose’, [length]: 3 ]
:heavy_multiplication_x: Error: This command can only be ran inside of a Nerdpack
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ cd nr1-top/
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~/nr1-top$ nr1 nerdpack:uuid --generate --force --verbose
init version: @oclif/command@1.5.19 argv: [ ‘–generate’, ‘–force’, ‘–verbose’, [length]: 3 ]
Using profile V.Semouchin
Request: POST https://artifact-registry.service.eu.newrelic.com/graphql
Data: mutation {
generatePackageUuid
}
Headers: {
‘API-Key’: ‘NRAK-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXQUY’,
‘Content-Type’: ‘application/graphql’
}

:heavy_multiplication_x: Error: Please accept the New Relic Developer Terms and Conditions prior to executing this operation.

{ locations: [ { line: 3, column: 17 } ],
path: [ ‘generatePackageUuid’ ],
extensions: { type: ‘TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS_NOT_ACCEPTED’ },
code: ‘TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS_NOT_ACCEPTED’,
origin: ‘graphql-service’ }
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~/nr1-top$

Good morning @AAASeva - I heard from some colleagues over the weekend who suggested you may not be getting the prompt to accept terms and conditions if you are viewing the UI in https://one.newrelic.com

Your accounts are EU datacenter based. So could you try going to https://one.eu.newrelic.com

Could you ensure you are in the EU New Relic One UI and head over to the Build on New Relic Launcher to see if that gets you the T&Cs to accept?

Thank you @RyanVeitch, that works!

Fantastic! Glad that got it for you :smiley: Hopefully you can get going with the Top and other nerdpacks now!

Hi, @RyanVeitch,
sorry for disturbing again.
I created nr1-top successfully. But still cannot see it at the URL (tried both)

https://one.eu.newrelic.com/?nerdpacks=local
https://one.newrelic.com/?nerdpacks=local

During the build phase there were some warnings about missing pages.

nr1Install.sh running npm install
npm WARN @ newrelic/eslint-plugin-newrelic@0.3.0 requires a peer of prettier@^1.18.2 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @ newrelic/nr1-community@1.1.1 requires a peer of nr1@ but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @semantic-release/changelog@3.0.6 requires a peer of semantic-release@>=15.8.0 <16.0.0 || >=16.0.0-beta <17.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @semantic-release/git@7.0.18 requires a peer of semantic-release@>=15.4.0 <16.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN tsutils@3.17.1 requires a peer of typescript@>=2.8.0 || >= 3.2.0-dev || >= 3.3.0-dev || >= 3.4.0-dev || >= 3.5.0-dev || >= 3.6.0-dev || >= 3.6.0-beta || >= 3.7.0-dev || >= 3.7.0-beta but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
audited 332 packages in 2.904s

I tried to add those packages, but got the following messages (sorry I’m not very experienced with the npm)

seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ sudo npm install typescript@latest
npm WARN seva No description
npm WARN seva No repository field.
npm WARN seva No license field.
+ typescript@3.9.2
removed 1 package, updated 1 package and audited 1 package in 1.289s
found 0 vulnerabilities
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ sudo npm install prettier@^1.18.2
+ prettier@1.19.1
added 1 package from 1 contributor and audited 2 packages in 0.477s
found 0 vulnerabilities
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ sudo npm install semantic-release@>=15.8.0
seva@NewRelic-Lab01:~$ sudo npm install nr1@

The full installation log is here

Installation script is here

You can ignore those warnings, you should still be ok!

The issue is that the Top Nerdpack doesn’t show up as a launcher on the NR One homepage. Instead you need to access it from it a host entity.

From https://one.eu.newrelic.com/?nerdpacks=local > Click into Entity Explorer > Filter to Hosts (on the left side bar) > Select a host > From the left sidebar see the Top Nerdpack.

Thank you, @RyanVeitch, but I do not see it.
About the configuration running:

1. Have 2 virtualbox VMs with Ubuntu 18.04 each
  2. Each VM has
  • Infrastructure agent, log gathering is enabled
  • Kubernetes agent (minikube is running)
  • Java agent installed in container together with Java application server (Shopizer)

Currently the nr1-top is running on NewRelic-Lab02

• I do not see the application top in the entity explorer
  • I see each host twice one time as NewRelic-Lab0x and once as newrelic-lab0x (I installed everything on empty VMs cloned from the “gold image”). When I stop newrelic-infra both hosts disappear. When I start the agent both hosts come back
  • Interesting that the entity explore sees two newrelic-lab01, when the “old” interface sees newrelic-lab01 and NewRelic-Lab01
  • Log integration is detected by the old interface only (link “See Logs”) but noit by the entity browser

Screenshots
cannot see the “Top” entry in the “TROUBLESHOOT” section

Two agents in the “old” GUI

Infrastructure agent installation script:

Should I move it in another topic?

Hmm, can you double/triple check that you are looking with /?nerdpacks=local on the URL?

If so, do you see any errors in the Browser console? Or, in your terminal window?

Hi, @RyanVeitch
URL
https://one.eu.newrelic.com/launcher/nr1-core.explorer?nerdpacks=local&launcher=eyJ0aW1lUmFuZ2UiOnsiYmVnaW5fdGltZSI6bnVsbCwiZW5kX3RpbWUiOm51bGwsImR1cmF0aW9uIjoxODAwMDAwfSwiJGlzRmFsbGJhY2tUaW1lUmFuZ2UiOnRydWV9&pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJpbmZyYS1uZXJkbGV0cy5ob3N0IiwiaXNPdmVydmlldyI6dHJ1ZSwiZW50aXR5SWQiOiJNamN4T1RBNU1ueEpUa1pTUVh4T1FYd3hOek14TVRjeE5URTNPVE16T0RjNE16VXoifQ==&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucjEtY29yZS5hY3Rpb25zIiwiZW50aXR5SWQiOiJNamN4T1RBNU1ueEpUa1pTUVh4T1FYd3hOek14TVRjeE5URTNPVE16T0RjNE16VXoiLCJzZWxlY3RlZE5lcmRsZXQiOnsibmVyZGxldElkIjoiaW5mcmEtbmVyZGxldHMuaG9zdCIsImlzT3ZlcnZpZXciOnRydWV9fQ==

Checked with safari, firefox and chrome - the same result. No errors

Safari

Chrome

Firefox

This is weird! It seems you have done everything correct, so it should absolutely be showing up for you.

There is probably something really simple getting in the way here, so I’d like to take a step back, and start over. Could you walk through the below list, and see if it still doesn’t work?

Start this list while you are not locally serving the nerdpack! Log out of your New Relic account in your browser and delete NR cookies

1. cd nr1-top
  2. nr1 profiles:default (Make sure you are selecting the profile you will log in to the account with.)
  3. nr1 nerdpack:uuid -gf (regenerating the UUID as a ‘just in case’ as that ~could be the issue.)
  4. nr1 nerdpack:clean
  5. nr1 nerdpack:serve
  6. Navigate to https://one.eu.newrelic.com/?nerdpacks=local (Make sure you are on the same machine that you are serving from)
  7. Login with the credentials of the user who owns the API key / Profile you selected in step 2.
  8. Click through to a host entity.
  9. Look for the top nerdpack.

Hopefully starting from scratch will get that nerdpack to show up for you. Sorry it seems that your first experience with nerdpacks hasn’t been a smooth one. Let’s see if we can wrap this up from here :smiley:

Hi, @RyanVeitch,
sorry, mea culpa, I believe I understand, why I’m wrong - I had to start the browser on the same VM, where I deployed the nerd pack.
To start it remotely I had to publish it first.
Is that correct?
And just another question. The I start the nerd pack with nr1 nerdpack:serve - how can I stop it running - ctrl/c, then ps -ef | grep nr1 and then kill? Is there a more elegant way to do that?

That’s correct, to see it on other machines it first needs to be published to the account, rather than locally served.

You do that by sequencing the following commands:

nr1 nerdpack:publish

nr1 nerdpack:deploy -c DEV|BETA|STABLE // (pick one of these 3 channels that works for you)

nr1 nerdpack:subscribe -c DEV|BETA|STABLE // (this should be the same channel you deployed to)

As for killing the locally served version, you’re right with CTRL+C

You don’t need to kill the NR1 Process with ps -ef | grep nr1, but if you would like to do that you can.

Yes, thank you @RyanVeitch I got it running locally
Will publish now.
The issue is, that after I break the execution of nr1 nerdpack:serve with ctrl/c the process continues to stay in background

Indeed, that isn’t running anything locally though, it is waiting to listen to the nr1 terminal commands.

It should have no impact by just running as a process in the background :slight_smile: