New Relic to monitor CD CI pipeline

Hi
New relic is a great tool for Developers, and it is able to address a lot of issues with CodeStream, APM and Opentelemetry.
However, my question is how we can monitor the devops cycle itself. A typical CDCI uses a large number of tools say jerkins, IDEs, JIRA, Backstage.io etc… How we can track a code/ release going through the various stages of DevOps cycle and provide dashboards and alerts to DevOps, if a code is stuck or skipped a stage.

Thanks
Neha

Hello, Neha! I am a New Relic product manager working on features to help users mark system changes and operation events (deployments, infra changes, CI/CD pipeline steps) in the context of telemetry and error data. I am also working alongside other PMs to evaluate ways we can better support monitoring build and delivery pipelines. It’s technically possible to do some of this today by instrumenting pre-production/build servers and using custom Dashboards, but we don’t have many turnkey solutions/tools yet. That will change soon, however, and I would love to talk to you more about your needs and what you would like to see. Would you be up for doing an interview or providing a list of things you’d like to know about your pre-production environments?

2 Likes

Just checking in - any updates to a possible date on a turnkey solution?

Hi @ShawJ

Thanks for reaching out, I hope you are well.

Congrats on your first post here!

I will need to reach out to the appropriate teams here and confirm if there are any updates as this is out of my scope.

Please allow me up to 24 hours for me to gather the appropriate information.

1 Like

@ShawJ
I am checking internally what are our plans for a potential turnkey solution.
In the meantime, we would love to more about your needs and what you would like to see. Would you be able to provide a list of things you’d like to know about your pre-production environments?
Thanks.

1 Like

@ShawJ
Which Pipeline do you need a solution for?
We have Azure Devops statistics to New Relic that could help with Azure Pipelines.

1 Like