Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

New Relic Webhook to update status.io page

alerts
feature-idea

I’m trying to update my status.io page by sending a JSON payload to the status.io API via a webhook notification channel. I have it working to the point where if the monitor this alert is linked to fails, it will update the status of the relevant component on the status.io page to the service being unhealthy.

The problem is when the service becomes healthy again I can’t send a separate payload to update the component with the healthy status code. I know it sends the payload again when the service recovers but it’s just sending the same payload with the ‘service down’ code.

My question is: is it actually possible to have a separate payload when the monitor is no longer failing so I can update it to being healthy? Or is there some other solution?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @chillerby - Currently no, there’s no way to send a different notification upon Alert Incident closure. That said, the default payload is slightly different for closed incidents.

You’ll notice that in the Webhook Payload is an attribute called current_state - This attribute has 3 potential settings, Open, Acknowledged, & Closed. Is it possible for you to parse for this attribute when determining the state of your status.io settings? If so you could listen out for the Closed state to switch your status page back to operational.

For now though I’m going to move your post over to the Feature Ideas page, where I’ll add a poll for others to vote, and we’ll get a feature request filed internally for you.

Hi Ryan, thanks for the quick response. I was aware of this attribute before but there doesn’t seem to be a clear way of parsing it without creating some sort of web application that can take the payload from New Relic, parse the results, then send a POST to the status io api with the correct status code.

I’m working with my team internally to see if they can come up with a solution to this. I will update this post with any relevant information should we find any.

Hey @chillerby - Thanks for getting back to us. I look forward to hearing about any solutions you and your team can come up with.