Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Newrelic-infra skips kernel processes

feature-request
bug

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but it seems like newrelic-infra does not seem to report on kernel processes- these are (one of) the types processes usually represented by ps as having [] around the process name (e.g. [kworker/0:0H-kblockd])

I suspect this is happening because kernel processes are unusual (no /proc/<pid>/{cwd,exe}) but these processes can be important (spikes in some of them can indicate hardware problems, too many [nfsd] processes can indicate an overloaded nfs server, etc).

Is it possible for the infra agent to report these processes?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Thanks for posting here @novas0x2a - Looks like right now that is a feature idea, so I’ll go ahead and get that submitted internally. I’ll also add a poll to your post for others to have their say on this.