Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Newrelic.ini log level

newrelic.ini: This log_level will not affect the Python logging module log level.
so how to set Python logging module log level? I would like it to be “error”. By default it is set to “info” I guess

Hi @sanjay.gandotra,

You can change the log level in your newrelic.ini file. To change the level to info the setting should be: log_level = error

More information about that can be found linked here:

Hope this helps!

After setting log_level = error in newrelic.ini file, I restarted server and I still see following logs:

2019-09-11 23:26:21,006 [ INFO] [ 107] [MainProcess] “Successfully registered New Relic Python agent where app_name=’xxxx’, pid=yyy, redirect_host=u’collector-006.newrelic.com’ and agent_run_id=zzzz’, in 0.60 seconds.”

2019-09-11 23:26:21,007 [ INFO] [ 107] [MainProcess] 'Reporting to: https://rpm.newrelic.com/accounts/000000/applications/000000

Hi @sanjay.gandotra

Can you confirm as well that you uncommented the following line?

log_file = /tmp/newrelic-python-agent.log

Thanks!

no, I did not. I am not interested in capturing logs in a file. Logs are coming on console and I simply would like the log level to be “error”

Hi @sanjay.gandotra,

Are you able to send a permalink for the application in question? I’d like to take a look at some of the settings to see if something else is going on.

Thanks!